Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

LX header

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:19 PM
raz
HCF Member
Default LX header

so if i got this all right I gotta change to a EX Cat then i can put a header on my lx..god thats a freakin hassle.

is that right.. also ive heard mixed things bout DC? good or no?

Old 02-22-2008, 05:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: LX header

i would do megan racing, that way you can do a catback without chaning the header.....if you want.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:10 AM
raz
HCF Member

I would really like to put a header on tho. But i live in AZ and I havent had to get any emissions..I may just run no cat that way if im correct, I dont need to do the EX upgrade 1st

Old 02-23-2008, 06:41 AM
HCF Member

I'm changing out my entire exhaust system to megan. Gonna get a Megan header and the drift spec exhaust.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:57 AM
HCF Member

Its not as bad as it seems. I have a 2001 Civic LX. All you have to do really, is buy EX parts.. The perfect setup for me is: AEM v2, Megan Racing 4-1 Header, Random Tech high-flow cat, and Apexi WS2 Exhaust. You don't have to get a high flow cat, a test pipe would work fine.. But I wanted the added hp and sound of the high-flow cat.

I hope this helps you a little. I have yet to do my exhaust and header setup(I'm waiting for spring to come, and I have some other stuff to do before finishing my basic I/H/E setup). Also, if you choose to go down my path, you won't have to worry about emissions.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Vilex

Its not as bad as it seems. I have a 2001 Civic LX. All you have to do really, is buy EX parts.. The perfect setup for me is: AEM v2, Megan Racing 4-1 Header, Random Tech high-flow cat, and Apexi WS2 Exhaust. You don't have to get a high flow cat, a test pipe would work fine.. But I wanted the added hp and sound of the high-flow cat.

I hope this helps you a little. I have yet to do my exhaust and header setup(I'm waiting for spring to come, and I have some other stuff to do before finishing my basic I/H/E setup). Also, if you choose to go down my path, you won't have to worry about emissions.
When you get around to doing could you take TONS of pic's for noobs like me? I plan on doing my conversion in the summer or so.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:02 AM
raz
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Vilex

thats sounds like a great setup..that needs me to another queastion..Do i need to get emissions and how do i tell..I have had the car for about 3 years now w/o needing any but just lookin for future plans. if not that will make things alot easier for me

Old 02-25-2008, 07:52 AM
HCF Member

^ where do you live? Have you ever had to bring in your car to pass an emissions test? If not, then yu dont really need to worry about it, other than the fact that no cat = raspier noise, whiter/smellier smoke, and bad for the atmosphere.

DC makes great headers, they're just a bit expensive IMO. Thats reallt the only downside i can think of

Old 02-25-2008, 07:55 AM
HCF Member

Liquidus: Haha, sure. Hell, i'll even make a while video and stuff. I'll probably take some pictures, knowing me.

Raz: Well, it just depends where you live, and if they do emissions test. Honestly, I want the high flow cat because it sounds better, and it gives about 2~3 more hp than the testpipe. The testpipe could affect your sound to not your liking, so i'm going to go all out and not cheap out on parts :P. Well, its up to you, and your budget, if you can afford it, i'd go with something similar to my build. The two exhaust i'm fond of is Megan Drift Spec and Apexi WS2, both are decently priced and very good.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:15 AM
raz
HCF Member

Vilex and Flip..Thanks for the info..Is DC the only header choice for me? I have heard mixed things about them.

Quick Reply: LX header