Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Magnaflow cat-back sound clip!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Default Magnaflow cat-back sound clip!

well in hopes to ease the reptitive questions of what they sound like, i decided to put my new camera mount to good use and get as good of an exhaust clip as i could. i really hope this will help some ppl out and if u have any questions, feel free to ask me.

info:
-Magnaflow cat-back exhaust 2.25" piping
-purchased from www.ptuning.com like 2 years ago
-'95 Civic EX
-other mods: AEM SRI, DC Sport 4-2-1 ceramic header
-this is with the catalytic converter

http://media.putfile.com/exhaust-81-49

its pretty nice up to about 3k, pretty deep tone, not to loud,not raspy. from about 3k-5k, it gets a lil loud but not too raspy. above 5k, its loud and slightly raspy. keep in mind the camera is mounted just about a foot from the exhaust tip so it'll sound louder than it really is. inside the car, its alot quiter, ill get a good clip from inside the car tomorrow and post it. also, like i said, the cat is on. i ran a couple weeks with the test pipe a long time ago, it was hella loud and alot more raspy. it got very annoying and ill never go back to it lol.

hope this helps

Old 04-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Default RE: Magnaflow cat-back sound clip!

dude..
I am sold.. I want one..

Old 04-21-2007, 01:06 PM
HCF Member

Mine doesn't make that raspy noise over 3500 rpm's.....do you have a high flo cat, or just a pipe where the converter is? Mine just kind of cuts out and you hear the whine of the short ram mostly over 4000 rpm's. I want to get a sound clip of mine too.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Live_4it

Mine doesn't make that raspy noise over 3500 rpm's.....do you have a high flo cat, or just a pipe where the converter is? Mine just kind of cuts out and you hear the whine of the short ram mostly over 4000 rpm's. I want to get a sound clip of mine too.
stock cat, no high flow or test pipe. have u had someone else drive ur car by u at high rev? inside it sounds alot different. deeper tone, cant hear any raspiness, and quiter. reason that is, because of the sound deadining, the rear seats and everything else between u and the exhaust muffles the sound.

heres a quick clip from inside.
http://media.putfile.com/exhaust-interior

ill have some full on race clips sometime tomorrow. i plan on mounting my camera on eithermy roof,door, or fenders(dunno yet, will prolly be a last minute decision).there will be a lot of wind noise but hopefully u'll be able to hear the exhaust thru it. ill try my best to get it up tomorrow night.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:56 AM
HCF Member

did you set your vtec down? Looks like it jumps when it hits 4... i love that exhaust btw i got a thermal and i can barely hear myself think...

Old 04-22-2007, 10:01 AM
HCF Member

Sounds great I think. Does get a little raspy but oh well.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:28 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: civicexracer

ORIGINAL: Live_4it

stock cat, no high flow or test pipe. have u had someone else drive ur car by u at high rev? inside it sounds alot different. deeper tone, cant hear any raspiness, and quiter. reason that is, because of the sound deadining, the rear seats and everything else between u and the exhaust muffles the sound.
Yea, thats prob true....I haven't been able to hear it rev outside my car, I don't want anybody else driving it lol. I notice like when I drive thru a tunnel or coming out of a toll booth I hear a little raspiness and just think it's reverberationoff the walls. It's not that bad though, I hear some carson the highway and it's just really high raspiness no deep tones at all. But I dunno I'm sure theres people that like that sound like that.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:05 PM
HCF Member

So thats what normal catbacks sound like huh? I have an ebay N1 knock off and I never get above 4k rpm now cause its soooooooooo loud. and thats in the car..

Old 04-24-2007, 02:25 AM
HCF Member

I love my Magnaflow ;D Definitley one of the better sounding cat-back systems.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: txedomask433

I love my Magnaflow ;D Definitley one of the better sounding cat-back systems.
...word, good clip.