Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Muffler tips gay or not gay that is the question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 05:16 AM
HCF Member
Default Muffler tips gay or not gay that is the question?

hey wuts goin on guys? heres the think ive been thinking about. i just got bought s technew rims type r grill and type are front/back lip. so my cars deffinally gunna look alot nicer but hears the think after i put all that stuff on im still gunna have a little at pipe in the back. i dont really like the sound of a whole cat back un less its extremely deep( i mean like a mustdang) and ive heard that the sound get annoying after a while cuz it blocks out they music in your car and cops are ******* here insouth florida and they stop you if ur exhaust is to loud and i also dont have the money for a greddy or any of those good sounding exaust. so what i want to know is should i just get a tip from like pep boys or auto zone so it doesnt look so bad in the back or is that considerd a ricy thing to do?

Old 05-28-2007, 07:13 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Muffler tips gay or not gay that is the question?

no way man, i say go for it. i have one on my car and i love it haha its not too big but it makes the stock pipe look WAY better. if your not getting a whole catback, get a tip ftw

Old 05-28-2007, 07:19 AM
HCF Member

Get a WS2 catback, its pretty quiet. Tips are a waste of money; little to no power gain plus just useless noise. But if you insist on getting one buy a name brand one not one of those p.o.s. ones from ebay.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:52 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

Get a WS2 catback, its pretty quiet. Tips are a waste of money; little to no power gain plus just useless noise. But if you insist on getting one buy a name brand one not one of those p.o.s. ones from ebay.
I dont think he means the muffler, I think hes just talking about a tip that screws on the back.

If you are just talking about a tip that screws on, go for it. It looks better then the stock tail pipe. But just so you know, you can get quieter cat-backs and still help with power gains.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:11 AM
HCF Member

EXHAUST FAQ ftw... entire section on exhaust tips...

and btw, IMO, muffler tips =

Old 05-28-2007, 09:09 AM
HCF Member

if ur on a budget, then fine get a tip, id justsave up and go with a quiet catback, like the rsr or ws2

Old 05-28-2007, 10:37 AM
HCF Member

some tips look pretty good if you get the right one. For example, a pep boys oval 2"x3" tip looks SWEET on the back of a civic.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:42 AM
HCF Member

if you have the right one to match the car, and installed cleanly and properly, i think they look sleeker than most catbacks with stock sound, they're great if you don't feel like spending hundreds on a catback for a few horsepower.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Super Cereal Admin

As far as I'm concerned (and please, nobody take offense at this), image the Village People, Elton John, and Richard Simmons all in one room. That's about how gay I think muffler tips are.

If you do get a tip, please don't get a huge one... a little bigger than your stock tip is fine; there's no need for a Wal-Mart special 4.5" tip.

Also, just for the record, you can get cat-backs that don't have the ******-off bumblebee on steroids sound. Also, you can just check into mufflers with silencer. I don't know about anybody else, but I think my car sounds fine with the silencer in (and I have no problem hearing my stock system).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp2QJtU1tsM< a video clip of my muffler with the silencer in

silencers ftw!

Old 05-28-2007, 11:57 AM

Muffler tips are okay but pointless. Save up your dollars and get a catback (Greddy or Apexi). You'll be glad you did.

Quick Reply: Muffler tips gay or not gay that is the question?