Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

My final Intake question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Default My final Intake question.

Ok so I have dicided to get the AEM SRI (sometime very soon), and have one final question. IN the future I may get a turbo(homemade or kit), and was wondering about something. In the pic you can see that there is a lot of diff pipeing going around to the intake, so what happens to the sri you bought when the turbo is instaaled,thanks(i know lots of typos).

Old 08-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Default RE: My final Intake question.

Well, I'm pretty new to modding cars, but as far as I know, if you put an SRI or CAI in, and you want a turbo, you can't really have that intake system any more. If you still want cold air, you'll need and intercooler. So, have the SRI until you got the money for the turbo and install, or if you got the money for the turbo go for that and save for the intercooler. Then again, I could be totally wrong. Someone help me out here.

Old 08-02-2005, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

after all weve told you...after everyone who has said the same thing...after all these threads your starting...your get a short ram. do you have a listening problem? or do you like just not taking our advice. you started about seventy threads asking the same thing, and ive been patient, telling you why youd be happier with a CAI, and despite my patience, you still went against my word. im not mad or anything, i just feel like it was all kinda pointless time answering the threads rather than spending time with friends.

sorry, dont take offense, its your car, not mine. i cant tell you what to do. just dont come back asking if you should get a CAI or try to find an extention or something, because i told you from the start you should just get the CAI

Old 08-02-2005, 07:20 PM
HCF Member

oh, btw, the pipe going from the turbo to the manifold in that picture normally just leads to the intake.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

after all weve told you...after everyone who has said the same thing...after all these threads your starting...your get a short ram. do you have a listening problem? or do you like just not taking our advice. you started about seventy threads asking the same thing, and ive been patient, telling you why youd be happier with a CAI, and despite my patience, you still went against my word. im not mad or anything, i just feel like it was all kinda pointless time answering the threads rather than spending time with friends.

sorry, dont take offense, its your car, not mine. i cant tell you what to do. just dont come back asking if you should get a CAI or try to find an extention or something, because i told you from the start you should just get the CAI
actually your advise is what made me dicided on an sri. the reason is hydroloc( too many dam puddles)

Old 08-03-2005, 03:59 PM
HCF Member

hey man...im the one who kept saying hydrolock is overrated as a problem

Old 08-03-2005, 04:11 PM

Ok, listen...if you have a turbo...the intake piping comes off of it so that it is FORCED INDUCTION. If it wasn't coming off of the turbo, how would you be throwing air in? It wouldn't do anything. That's all there is to it. No CAI or SRI with a turbo...colder air comes in if you have an intercooler but you don't have to have one. The pic you posted doesn't have one. It comes straight from the turbo.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:23 PM
HCF Member

most turbochargers either have a filter right on its intake or will have a pipe leading from it away from the engine.

like this one:

this makes me think...does anybody make a cold air intake for your turbod car that you can put onto the turbo?

Old 08-03-2005, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

I've seen them, but they were all custom

Actually if you look at the first pic, it looks like his intake goes out of the engine bay.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

kinda...you cant really see the turbo that well tho so its hard to tell

Quick Reply: My final Intake question.