Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

my WS2 is hanging low

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:35 PM
HCF Member
Default my WS2 is hanging low

The piping on my apex'i WS2 is noticeably hanging low, especially near the middle where the resonator is. I'm worried about it because I have a bump in my driveway and it scrapes the pipe if I have a passenger in the car when I drive over it.

I tried to solve this by getting a new rubber hanger (the one close to the resonator) since the old was stretched, but the new one stretched out two. Right now I'm using both of the rubber hangers in that same spot - it helps a little but not enough. I also want to lower my car but i know the low hanging pipe will be a problem if I drop even 1/2"

Does anybody have this problem or know how to fix it?

Old 04-07-2008, 04:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: my WS2 is hanging low

You can bring it to an exhaust shop, have them cut the hangars and then weld them together again except tighter to the car. Kinda janky, but if done right it'll work. I had it to done to mine, except to lower my piping/muffler (muffler was rubbing my bumper).

Old 04-07-2008, 07:26 PM

I have this same problem with my WS2.

I bought polyurethane hangers and a magnaflow high flow catalytic converter (the direct-fit one with flanges) that fit on my car better than the test pipe that was there. The magnaflow cat has a spin flange that let my exhaust fit a little better onto my car. My car is lowered 1.8" in the front and 1.6" in the back.

I still scrape sometimes a little bit, but only rarely. I have to just be careful over large speed bumps.

Although, my exhaust does sometimes rattle while idling, mostly only when the engine is cold.

I think this whole fitment problem has something to do with my Megan Racing header. It doesn't line up the same as my stock manifold did.

I plan on going turbo when I can afford to, and when I do, I'm going to get a flex section down pipe. Hopefully that will solve all of my problems.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

I just installed polyurethane hanger at the position where the resonator is - problem solved! [sm=smiley20.gif]
I'll post a pic of the old hanger next to the new one tomorrow maybe.

the fitment was difficult though; I had to drill slightly larger holes in the hanger to get it to fit. luckily I made the hole just big enough so that it still has a very snug fit. also there is a very noticeable vibration at about 1400rpm where it feels like I have massage chairs LOLZ, though I have not actually driven the car yet. thanks for the idea trustdestruction!

tein h-techs and tokico blues are on the way and I will be installing them next weekend. (stoked)