Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

N1 vs. WS2 / Youtube videos

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:20 AM
HCF Member
Default N1 vs. WS2 / Youtube videos

Ok, I currently have an N1 exhaust and cannot deal with the sound on the expressway, or even when cruising. I have been thinking about getting an Apexi World Sport 2 because I have read that it is the quietest. I checked out some youtube videos, and they even sound pretty loud? Is that just crappy microphones? Can someone that has a WS2 attest to how it compares to stock? My friends dont even like riding in my car...and i find myself obnoxious....so I am trying to put an end to that. Any comments are welcome.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:48 AM
HCF Member

The WS2 IS one of the quietest exhaust. Ask Trustdestruction, he has one of his Del Sol.

I'm going to be getting one, to accompany my AEM V2, along with a 4-1 Megan Header. I think it really depends on the type of cat your using, or if your using a straight pipe, or a high flow cat. Using a straight pipe will make it raspy, louder, and sound like ****. I say go with a nice high flow cat. I've searched alot of the WS2 for my 7th gen, and you can tell if they are using a straight pipe or a high flow cat.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:21 PM
HCF Member

I thought WS2's were somewhat loud. I know for a fact the greddy sp2 exhaust is one of the quietest, if not, the quietest one out there until the rpms reach the top.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:37 PM

WS2 is pretty quiet in low RPMs, and moderately loud in the high RPMs. It's a great sounding exhaust and I love it. Not to mention it's not a fart can, so you have less chance of being harassed by cops and/or honda-haters.

Test pipes make the WS2 sound like complete crap. Stick to a catalytic converter.

I used to have an ebay N1 style exhaust on my old civic and it annoyed me just as you described it annoying you and your friends, and I switched it for the WS2. When I did that I installed a test pipe. The WS2 with a test pipe sounded better than the N1 style exhaust with a catalytic converter. It still didn't sound that great though, so I bought a Magnaflow direct-fit catalytic converter, and now it sounds amazing. I recently bought a Del Sol, and swapped all the goodies on my Civic to my Del Sol. Then I sold the civic (it was a DX, and automatic) The exhaust had to be cut a little and then clamped back together to fit on the Del Sol, but it works great and was completely worth all the work.

Another great thing about the Magnaflow Direct-fit High-flow catalytic converter is that it has a spin flange, which makes exhaust installation 100 times easier since you can adjust the spin flange to "twist" the exhaust into the best position so that it doesn't hang too low, rub any parts, or rattle against anything. I also recommend using polyurethane hangers if you can afford spending another 40 bucks on them. It'll still work great with stock rubber hangers though.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 08-04-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:35 PM
HCF Member

How does the Magnaflow High-flow cat do with inspections?

Old 08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
HCF Member

ws2 is one of the few quiet exhaust out there. comparable to the greddy sp2. or you can try one of those twin loops but i have not heard one, so i can't say how quiet they are. or you can stick with stock exhaust and maybe throw on a nice tip and you won't have to worry about anything.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:01 PM
HCF Member

Well...the reason I changed exhausts(and bought a friggin test pipe) in the first place was because when changing my clutch, we noticed a few small holes in my rusted exhaust(my car went through 3 Western, NY winters=lots of snow and salt). So we changed it, and my Cat was rusted to the next pipe. If I could find a reasonable cat, I will buy it....but I am not spending a grand on a stock cat, and I cant put the stock exhaust back on.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:05 PM
HCF Member

where do you go that costs $1000 for a cat converter? magnaflow high flow direct fit cats are $80-$150, are legal/will pass emissions/increase power. stock cats will be same price.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:35 PM

magnaflow direct-fit high-flow cats, $90-$100 at either summitracing.com or partstrain.com
just buy from whichever site you find the best deal on
i got mine from partstrain.com, it was $10 cheaper. btw, it doesn't actually say high-flow on the sites, but it is, don't worry.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by therickus
How does the Magnaflow High-flow cat do with inspections?
as good as or maybe even better than stock

Quick Reply: N1 vs. WS2 / Youtube videos