Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

need help with new intake manifold .. urgent..

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Default need help with new intake manifold .. urgent..

Whats going on guys .. yes im a newbie and im getting a
skunk2 racing intake manifold for my civic dx with a d16y7 engine .. Currently it has the air filter sitting
on top of the stock manifold right next to the valve cover but it'll all change once i get the new
manifold from skunk2 .. it'll end up looking like the civic ex engine with the manifold and the throttle body to the left ..
now my only question is .. i also wanna get a cold air intake but which one should i get?
Should i get the one for the civic ex or for the dx .. i mean the throttle body will be sitting on the horizontal position now with the new manifold, just like on an ex, but again it will still be the dx body ..
nways i'd appreiate if anyone could help me .. anyone who's also done this wanna leave their feedback saying if its worth it or not would be nice too ..
i uploaded some pictures to explain it a little better but i think u guys understood what im trying to do ..
The first one is what it looks like right now and then the 2nd one what i should look like with the new intake manifold and new throttle body ..

Old 11-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Default RE: need help with new intake manifold .. urgent..

ok, you need the intake for the ex. because now the throttle body is at the side and not on the top of the intake manifold. you will also have to reposition your throttle cable to the throttle body. you will also have to reroute a new tube that goes into the valve cover (which will be from the cold intake) from intake manifold because they will be in different locations. did you get this on ebay, because i hate when ebay people say it's made for a dx/lx engine when it's made for an ex. it will work as long as you can reroute some things and get everything hooked up correctly. an aem intake for the ex would help out some.
That's just some stuff that needs to be done that I can think of right now. You will most likely have to modify other things - i haven't done this myself but was planning to at one time... get a new throttle body from skunk2 as well.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:57 PM

hey thanks a lot smit3413 .. that solves my intake issue ...
now with all the mods you mentioned i'll have to think about it a little more . .. seems
like its just too much work but when u want it bad what can u do .. hehe
thanks nways man

Old 11-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Cat Fuсker

definitly do it...

Old 11-15-2005, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

wait! Do you already have a CAI for your DX? Actually I think you may just be able to cut a piece of that intake off, twist it sideways a little by the by pass valve, and it will fit the manifold and throttle body. Do you understand what Im saying here? Just cut the pices that goes in tothe throttle body on the DX off, so its just going straight, and not making that dip down toward the TB. I think that could work.