Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

need a new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 11:40 AM
HCF Member
Default need a new exhaust

well yesterday i was driving over a hump into a friends driveway and my exhaust was starting to rust a little and well it hit and broke open, so i need a new one, i have been wanting one for a while now so now i have a good excuse to spend the money. well im looking into a hayame and a buddyclub, i like the sounds of these two the best. is there anything i should know or look out for, any input would help. by the way i got a 98 ex.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Default RE: need a new exhaust

Just stay away from eBay generic exhausts. Once you have decided which exhaust you want, look for it on eBay. You can usually find name brand stuff on eBay for really good prices. I bought my Apex-i WS2 for $100 less than online stores were selling it for.

As for deciding which exhaust to get, it's all a matter of personal preference. Check youtube for clips of the exhausts. However, on youtube, if the cars have any mods like header, test, pipe, intake, or high-flow catalytic converter it won't be a great example of what it will sound like on your car unless you have the same mods. It should be relatively close to that sound though.

Check out the Exhaust FAQ in the Header, Intake and Exhaust section.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:27 PM
HCF Member

Both hayame and buddyclub look alot like all those ebay exhausts
Treat your car right and buy good, quality parts

Old 07-06-2008, 01:34 PM
HCF Member

^^^ i thought that buddy club and hayame were good brands????, yeah they look like some ebay ones but ebay also has headers that look like dc header, that doesn't mean dc headers are bad. maybe i misunderstood what you were saying.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:43 PM
HCF Member

they look like the janky ebay genericbrand exhaust. I never said anything about aDC header.
DC makes quality products. Those generic parts on ebay are made to look like DC, and Apexi, and other brand names.
However, that NEVER means that they are of equal quality.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:20 PM
HCF Member

so what would you recommend for me? the car is stock and will be getting a swap in a year or two but have to save now for rent and crap. i want to get something nice but dont need top of the line, i was thinking about those brands cause i found them for about $350 shipped and i like the sound and have not heard anything bad, but then again not heard anything about them, a couple of locals have the hayame but they are more ricers so i dont trust there opinion.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:51 PM

Check out Apex-i, magnaflow, and greddy. I recommend against the coffee can shaped exhausts. They are loud and obnoxious. Plus that look will probably get you labeled as a ricer by your local haters. Also they get annoying at highway speeds. If you won't like that, stay away from the Apex-i N1, buddy club, and ebay generic exhausts. I recommend the Apex-i WS2. I have it and I love it. Not too loud, not too quiet. Good tone and looks good too. Greddy makes the EVO2 which is kinda loud, and also makes the SP2, which is comparable to the Apex-i WS2.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:42 PM

buddy club exhausts are loud! I'd got with an apexi ws2 (i have one) cause they are quiet and don't look huge but it's really up to you, what you want it to sound/look like and how much cash you're willing to put down. and i might be wrong, but the greddy sp2 price got jacked up and it's hard to find because it's discontinued or something?? friend of mine with an rsx-s went crazy trying to find one in stock..