Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Netami

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:01 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Netami

Ok, so to kill a dead horse, I got my Netami today, the 120.00 version, what I was told was the most popular model for our civ's. My local shop threw it on in about 20 minutes, charged me 30 bucks. So 150 for a nice new muffler that cleans up that rusty back end look forever, I can't complain.

They cut my factory bracket back a little, and cleaned it up, then joined that to the top of the muffler on both sides to support the weight. It was pretty heavy, like 9 or 10 pounds it feels like, but it has clean welds and looks nice under the vehicle.

The sound is awesome. It sounds much smoother then stock, a little throaty, but no raspyness like the fart can exhaust. You can notice a sound difference, but nothing that will wake your neighboors. My shop also said it was one of the few they had mounted that lined up nearly prefectly with the stock exhaust piping. Most have to be fabricated using some s-joints and what not, to line up the tubing. Momma always told me the fastest way to connect 2 points was a straight line, so i guess this holds true for exhaust too :-)

Anyway thats my .02. I am impressed, and I will suggest this muffler to others looking for a simple upgrade to something not stock. Try one out, you won't be sorry.

I will get some pics up when i find my camera, I think she lost it somewhere.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:21 AM
HCF Member

sorry to jack your thread but would you advise me to get a netami......i have a magnaflow catback exhaust right now, the sound is nice but a lil too loud for my liking so maybe the netami would be quieter?

Old 08-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Cat Fuсker

I had a knockoff twin loop and it wasn't bad, but I paid like $40 for it...I don't remember it was that long ago... I HAD to get it cause the thundermuff was so loud...

Old 08-10-2007, 03:26 PM
HCF Member

I am running mine on stock piping. i am not sure how it will perform with aftermarket piping, but i can't see why it wouldn't work. It would probably be quieter though, thats for sure. I would rate it about 10-15% louder then stock, maybe 20 when your flooring it. The inlet tubing is 2.5" out to a 3.5" tip i believe, can't recall at the moment. They can make a connection to fit them up if they are just slightly larger.

I would wait for other's suggestions though.