Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

new exhaust plans

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Default new exhaust plans

Well im looking into having my local muffler shop do a custom exhaust on my car, im going to purchase a header and a muffler but i cant decide what to get. What is a good muffler that will give me good sound, nothing like a weedwacker. Also should i go with 2.25" pipingfor my d15b?

Old 01-26-2008, 11:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: new exhaust plans

2 1/4 is fine that's what every body basically runs. They go bigger when you turbo only. My Si comes with 2inch stock pipping I didn't do custom pipping on mine. I wasn't going to pay all that cash for an extra 1/4. I like Magnaflow the Oval ones more packing vs round ones

Old 01-27-2008, 12:59 AM

how loud is magnaflow cuz im actually looking to go semi loud cuz right now i have a flowmaster 60 series on and it has a low quiet sound that is nice but i wish it was louder, but i see what u mean about the piping, i just wanna do the 2 and a quarter with a ceramic header and not some ****ty muffler but something that will make a nice loud tone but nothing ricey

Old 01-27-2008, 08:52 AM
HCF Member

two Mangaflow universal mufflers from ebay, like $70 each, use one for a resonator and the other for a muffler. Get 2.25" piping and have it custom bent and welded by a shop. I got my piping and labor for like $180 (plus the cost of the test pipe, res, and muffler).

Old 01-27-2008, 11:55 AM

what do you mean use one for a resonator? and i wanna do that same custom job at my muffler shop cuz it will be that cheap too, IS this the setup you have? with the magna flow?

Old 01-27-2008, 01:26 PM
HCF Member

use someting like THIS but put one right in the exhaust pipin for a resonator, and then put one on the end as a muffler.

EDIT: or find a Netami twin loop muffler and just use the Magnaflow as the resonator. Thatd sound aweosme

Old 01-27-2008, 01:56 PM

the resonator just makes it quieter right? how loud will it be cuz i want it pretty loud lol

Old 01-27-2008, 03:39 PM
HCF Member

you might wnat it loud now, but it gets annoying really quick. You're seriously going to want a resonator, for real. Its really really loud without one.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:02 PM

your right , i just didnt think it would be that loud without a resonator lol bt i like that plan ill prolly end up doing that. i like all the magnaflow i hear and my exhaust is pretty damn quiet and i just want a custom catback hat is noticable sound but no rice. thanks for the help btw

Old 01-27-2008, 04:31 PM
HCF Member

i have clips on youtube on my ehxaust before and after installing my 22" magnaflow res, and yeah it got louder after a month or so, but it still sounds really good.....it'll still be loud if you really hammer on it but it'll sound better.

Quick Reply: new exhaust plans