Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

NEW INTAKE!!!

Old 01-29-2006, 11:43 AM
HCF Member
Default NEW INTAKE!!!

i baught an ebay SRI and i hope to get it soon....i kno most of yall will say that its crappy and stuff but for 20 bucks i think its a steal....all i need is the piping and i can buy a nice k&n filter from auto zone.....i will do a DIY since no one has one for an intake.....just to let yall kno its my first mod on my 89 civic dx hatch 5spd and i hope to lower the car next

Old 01-29-2006, 12:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: NEW INTAKE!!!

fitment will be a bitch. but with a CAI theres not much you can do to make it better or worse. its basically a pipe sucking in air to the engine. nobody thinks its crappy

Old 01-29-2006, 06:14 PM

stupid me, maybe i'm just misunderstanding you......BUT you say you bought an intake(doesn't matter what kind) and then you say you need to get the pipe and filter.........so then what did you buy on ebay if it wasn't the pipe or filter? and sorry man i just did my AEM intake on my 94 civic today and going to do a DIY thread. it only takes about 45 min.

Old 01-30-2006, 05:10 AM
HCF Member

did u get ram?

Old 01-30-2006, 07:29 PM
HCF Member

yea i baught both the pipe and filter and i hope to get a better filter. sorta like what mugen1 did.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:26 AM

dude if they stick you with a foam filter. toss it.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:00 PM
HCF Member
Old 02-02-2006, 12:50 PM
HCF Member

an old friend of mine did that with his ZX2 and it worked out okay... he did have a problem with a hose not quite reaching all the way to the pipe, witch caused it to idle funny. he fixed it though

i think i may go the same route as you, too.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:07 PM
HCF Member

thats prolly what im gunna do for my next car. im gunna build an N/A budget car...gunna see if i can get to 11s on 5k (not including the price of the car).

Old 02-03-2006, 10:32 AM

hey speedsteam....

when i looked at the ebay site all i can say is OMFG... thast the cheesiest intake i ever seen. I bought something that you can call cold air intake from ebay ...i paid 50 bucks total, which still is not alot, BUT.... i got the pipes and hoses, and a MUGEN filter (original).
Now i see your filter is the size of a doughnut which is hillarious.... but you are going to buy a k&N... BUT that pipe looks short.
As far as i know about CAI, you need cold air to come into the Intake or carburator... but if the pipe and filter are so damn close to the engine you are getting hot engine air in a large filter.
The whole idea is to get air from the outside of the car not from anywhere around the engine. By this you would need to make a hole in the inside of the fender or find a spot where cold air comes in far from the engine componets which heat up.

That picture above my post looks like its the opposite of what a cold air intake is supposed to do. Am i missing something here?[&:]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEW INTAKE!!!