Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

New Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Default RE: New Muffler

That sounds awsome... a performance muffler without the rice farts! rock on, cant wait to hear your review.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:24 PM

Well i just ordered it. It should be here in a few days. Ill let you guys know how it works out after i get it tacked up.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

OBX is inconsistant. one person might get a great product from them and then the next one off the line might crack a weld within a month. you could view them as a good company with about 45% lemons.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:21 PM

and 62.451 percent of statistics are made up on the spot.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:47 PM

hey if i ask this exhaust shop to mount my muffler, would it cost a lot more for them to run 2.5 inch piping from the exhaust back? I heard someone did this and it only ended up costing 150 bucks to have 2.5in piping installed from the cat back, and have his muffler mounted as well.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Can't hurt to call and ask.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:17 PM

Yah I just called up this company on Cape called "World Class Performance" bunch of older guys who are into muscle cars, they dont really do imports. They said it will cost around 200 bucks for aluminized 2.25 in piping from the cat on back to the muffler.

Old 07-30-2006, 12:18 PM

Just got my tracking info the other day, the muffler wont be here til 8/04 which sucks. I have been doing alittle more reading on custom catbacks. My only question is when getting a custom system Im hearing a lot of people have that raspy rice sounds when eliminating the resonator. Should I just go from the stock resonator back to the muffler? My twin loop should act as a silencer, but i do not want a ricey sounding exhaust. I just want something a little deep when i get on it.

If anyone has a custom catback with an aftermarket muffler let me know how it worked out.

Thanks

Old 07-30-2006, 12:49 PM
HCF Member

I have a custom built cat back, It all depends on a couple of things. when I had mine built i had a small middle box built in to reduce the sound a bit, i ended up with a very nice deep tone, my friend got a similar system built but he wanted it quieter so he had a larger middle box put in, they also made his quieter again by leaving the baffles in the back box while mine were removed. ultimately mine is more free flowing but is a lot louder, it was never raspy with just my cai on but with my sk2 mani and header it starts off deep and low does go a little rasy in part of the midrange before giving way to the screaming engine noise.
I would say get a smallish middle box like mine, ive heard ones without it and a straight pipe with the cat removed and they are raspy as hell.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:13 PM
HCF Member

the more resonators in the exhaust the quiter it will be, on my car there was an exhaust leak on the resonator, so we cut it out, it was then really raspy at higer rpms. then i got that pipe replaced when another exhaust leak occured further up the pipe, the shop that i went to ordered a pipe that was too big, so they took out the cat without telling me, now the car is raspy at lower rpms but not higer(cause the new pipe has a resonator in it)... so in conclusion yes it will sound raspy is you remove the cat, or resonator, cause in a sence they are bioth resonators, as well as you muffler is. so if you have a custom catback bade, get a rsonator installed and you shouldnt have a problem. and if you decide to turbo the civic in the future, the turbo itself acts as a resonator too..

Quick Reply: New Muffler