Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

OBX Twin Loop Size

Old 03-01-2008, 02:27 PM
March 2010 ROTM
Default OBX Twin Loop Size

Does anyone know what the actually overall diameter of the muffler is? I want one for my hatch but im not sure I have enough room under it begind the bumper to install it high enough to avoid drag on speedbumps and stuff. Plus I dont want the loop hanging down far under it so I want to get it at least even with the muffler.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:32 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Default RE: OBX Twin Loop Size

The OBX one is a knock-off of the Mugen Twin-loop, which of course was designed for Honda! It will fit, Addiction just put one on his coupe and I have one sitting in my room waiting to go on. So, don't worry, there's room for it!

Old 03-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Super Cereal Admin

^ there's less room under the back end of a hatch than there is in a coupe/sedan

But it's a 10" diameter... you should be able to fit it.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:14 PM
March 2010 ROTM

10 inches! Thats huge. I dont know that it will fit. It will hit on speed bumps for sure if its that big. I want to try to get the tip right under my bumper and have the loop and body tucked up under the cover.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:58 PM
March 2010 ROTM

OK, I found out its a 7 inch diameter. So it will fit like I want. Im ordering it now.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:36 PM
edc

i had an obx twinloop installed in my hatch last week. It fits!! The tip protrudes about an inch from the bumper tho. But aside from that everything is ok... sound, looks, and performance. Ill be sending pics.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Recognized HCF Member

its freaken huge.LOL i think mine is larger than 10..... ill have to upload pictures of it tonight...
these are the pictures i got uploaded now. ill upload the pictures of just the muffler tonight... i gotta leave for work now
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...oop%20muffler/

Old 03-03-2008, 12:22 PM
March 2010 ROTM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

its freaken huge.LOL i think mine is larger than 10..... ill have to upload pictures of it tonight...
these are the pictures i got uploaded now. ill upload the pictures of just the muffler tonight... i gotta leave for work now
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...oop%20muffler/
Yours looks tucked nicely in there. I just want to rotate it a little from that so the loop doesnt hang down farther than the muffler body.

Good to see a hatch that has one fitting nice too.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Recognized HCF Member

BUT i think it can fit a hatch. im not positive how much space is behind the axle of a hatch. if ya can measure from the LCA to the rear bumper tip.

you MIGHT be able to turn the muffler BUT if you turn the muffler you have to also turn the inlet piping, and also the logo on the muffler wont be straight up.

if you REALLY want this mufflers loop piping to be above mufflers case then i would sugest trying to find a local tig welder or somebody that can cut and reweld the pipe to rotate it up to clear the ground easier. PROBLEM with that is the tubing would have to be replaced and well the OBX twin loop is freaking 3inch piping which i dont think to many places would carry.LOL they might be able to fab up some stainless steal but im sure the price there can get expensive fast!

OR have the tip cut and rewelded back on so its straight...

but anyways i thought i had more pictures but i guess not i took 2 videos when i pulled it outta the box.

but ya might also be able to SWITCH ends BUT i have no idea what reversing the designed flow would mean from the muffler..... if you could flip the muffler around and swap the tips that might give ya more clearnace..... either way changing it any way can be expensive and just EXPERIMENTAL...

or just buy a different twin loop muffler, cause every other twinloop muffler ive seen has a straight loop type......
tho problem with cheaper twinloop mufflers ive seen is MOST PEOPLE DONT HAVE THEM INSTOCK it took me 2weeks to find out from one ebay seller to find out that he SUPOSEDLY got the wrong shipment and it would take another 2weeks SUPOSEDLY to get his new shipment... i demanded refund and bought from another seller that had the OBX twin loop muffler. i twas more money plus the twisted loop pipe but no idea why.LOL
but im not lowered yet BUT i dont see it being a problem really. because the muffler is more prone to scraping the tip than the body... since the twisted loop is closer to the LCA i dont think it will be a problem.
and my muffer is ALMOST touching the floors brace if ya see it, and the tip is pretty close to the bumpers exaust cutout.
no way to raise the tip anymore without cutting the bumper opening up larger....

Old 03-03-2008, 01:36 PM
March 2010 ROTM

I dont care if the logo is straight up or not. Plus the way my bumper is its already cut a little bit more than the normal cutout. I havent payed yet and im still considering the universal Megan muffler with custom bent 2.5 pipes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OBX Twin Loop Size