Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

OBXR??

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 PM
HCF Member
Default OBXR??

I was told bya friend at work that this company OBXR makes some pretty good parts for cars. He has OBXR headers in his 97 civic dx. I found http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-E...spagenameZWDVW the price is low, which is nice, but will this get deformed from excessive heat?? It looks like I would loose my cat as well in this. Another concern is o2 sensors, i know where the first one goes, but im not sure where the second one leads. I also heard that with 4 cylinder cars you have to retune the car when you get new headers, otherwise the you loose power. Anyone been in this situation or think that these headers are a waste of money??
BTW I have a 2001 dx

Old 05-14-2007, 10:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: OBXR??

let me set you straight

-OBX is a bad company, they're not known for good parts
-if you get a new header, you DO NOT need to retune your car. only major performance mods require that. i don't know why the 4 cylinder car ties in to this...
-that header is cheap because the welds are not perfect and there's no guarantee it'll bolt up perfectly
-also, it's not carb legal
-heat won't deform the header; however, it'll discolor in a couple hours.
-on a lx or dx model, you have to get a new cat if you upgrade your header because stock, the cat is bolted directly to the header whereas on the ex model, it's seperate. you CAN buy an ex header, but you'll also need a cat and o2 simulator/or extend the wires

Old 05-14-2007, 10:13 PM
HCF Member

Do you think this header would increase performance. I currently have stock cat-back exhaust, so I dont think i would the full potential of the header. As far as sound goes, on the stock cat back, do you think it would be louder? I have been pondering buying the AEM V2 CAI, headers, and possibly an electric cut out system to be able to switch between the car being loud and quiet.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:41 AM
HCF Member

lol. you don't get to chose when your car is loud and when its not. once you get an intake and an exhaust, you'll be loud whether you like it or not. a header will give you a few HP, but not anything noticeable.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: my05civic

let me set you straight

-OBX is a bad company, they're not known for good parts
-if you get a new header, you DO NOT need to retune your car. only major performance mods require that. i don't know why the 4 cylinder car ties in to this...
-that header is cheap because the welds are not perfect and there's no guarantee it'll bolt up perfectly
-also, it's not carb legal
-heat won't deform the header; however, it'll discolor in a couple hours.
-on a lx or dx model, you have to get a new cat if you upgrade your header because stock, the cat is bolted directly to the header whereas on the ex model, it's seperate. you CAN buy an ex header, but you'll also need a cat and o2 simulator/or extend the wires
Is the color changing quality just one of OBX racing, or is that common for all header manufactures.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:12 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I had one of their boost gauges, and it SUCKED