Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

IS THIS OK

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 03:52 PM
HCF Member
Default IS THIS OK

hey everyone i know most of you guys dont like the ebay stuff but i dont want to dump 250 bucks for an aem cai because i dont plan on having this particular civic for to long so would this be a good alternative i looked through many of the filters and stuff on ebay and this one looks like the best has the best materials tell me what you think, does anyone have this CAI on there civic, How does it perform

thanks for any help JJ

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOMZ-...00315897QQrdZ1

Old 06-27-2006, 04:41 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: IS THIS OK

That is really cheap. Fitment will be the biggest issue, you might have to modify it a little bit to make it fit. Dont expect the performance numbers they say, you will not get an Increase of 7-13 HP and 5-10 ft/lb of torque.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

I have a ebay cai similar to that and I dont have any problem with it at all. Work well as the name brand one and the number should be about the same as it too. Installation was easy too I have no problem with it. Just plug and play pretty much. I didn't have to make any modification either.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:35 AM

I recomend getting an Injen CAI. After seeing a Dyno of Ingen vs AEM, the Ingen does not lose as much hp when the engine warms up. Check the dyno sheets i posted here

Old 06-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: jjones

i know most of you guys dont like the ebay stuff
Not true at all. There is a lot of crap on ebay, but at the same time good parts can be had for a good price. Quite a few members use ebay actually

Old 06-28-2006, 10:08 AM
HCF Member

Get any cheap piping because the piping is virtually the same (exceptions bein the v2 and weapon r secret weapon) but you dont want to spend a ton of money so those don't matter to you. The piping doesn't matter as long as you have a good filter at the end. So just buy a cheapo set off ebay, then get a K&N filter or something of just as good quality and you should be set.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Administrator

i was just going to say about the piping with exceptions of the v2 and the secret weapon, i chose the v2, its pretty sweet, sounds sweet, looks sweet, puts out power, i suggest it, BUT you dont want to spend a lot of money so it looks good man, go for it, the worst that could happen is that you need to modify, its not biggy enjoy!

Old 06-28-2006, 12:25 PM

I have a Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake....pain in the a** to install, but worth it.