Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Ok, I'm going to be a n00bie for a second.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 11:57 AM
HCF Member
Default Ok, I'm going to be a n00bie for a second.

I know this has been posted 10,000,000,001 times but I'm really scratching my head. I'm on the verge of ordering a catback but I just can't decide. I've been listening to sound clips.

I want' something that's going to be civil inside (on the highway I want to be able to talk without speaking up and not have a bunch of feedback on my cell phone) but I really want a deep powerfull tone on the outside. I don't want it to be too quiet on the oustide... the evo2 almost seems too quiet to me (at least on the clips) but I like the tone... but if anything louder than that is going to kill my interior noise level then I'll settle for the evo2. Also, cost is a factor here... the evo2 is on the upper reaches of my spending limit (as a matter of fact, it's probably too expensive).

I liked the sound of the megan catback but I don't like how they angle the tip. The WS2 is WAY too quiet (sounds like the quietest of them all???). The twin loop is too ricey.

So I think it's down to EVO2, magnaflow, or something else I don't know about? If the magnaflow fits my scenario then I'll get it because it's $100 cheaper than the greddy. I can't find any good magnaflow clips.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-26-2006, 12:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Ok, I'm going to be a n00bie for a second.

You cant go wrong with either of them. Id recommend the evo 2, its pretty quite when your driving normally, but when you stomp on the gas it screams.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:53 PM
HCF Member

I just sold the secondary turbo from the my old truck (hx-40) so I think I can afford the evo.

From all I've read and heard, it seems like the EVO2 is the top of the line catback.

Old 06-26-2006, 02:39 PM
HCF Member

Where is the cheapest anyone has found the EVO2? Even on ebay with shipping it's close to 500 bones.

Old 06-26-2006, 03:43 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: pWnEdU

The WS2 is WAY too quiet
No, it's not. Really. I have it, and the V2 intake, and it's definitely a good, distinct, non-ricey sound. At 4k rpm, it gets hard to have a conversation. You can believe poorly recorded sound clips from the internet . . . or you can listen to me.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

See that's just the thing, I can't go out and find someone locally who has one, I just have the internet.

Can you get a driveby clip? I can't find any for the WS2.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:48 PM
HCF Member

Get a Skunk2, It has a nice low tone, but is a little loud when your going 70mph down the highway and wanting to talk, but it comes with a silencer thats easy to install and remove. Install the silencer and its nice and quiet, louder than stock but going down the road you don't hear it too much, and you still get the performance of the cat back. i have Ben 100% satisfied with my skunk2, you can be deep and loud if you want or deep and quiet.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:03 PM
mxs
HCF Member

I don't have a camera that records audio . . . I'll ask around though

Old 06-27-2006, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

How is the noise level inside while cruising down the highway?

The one thing I really like about the apexi is that it doesn't look like a phart can. I'm also liking how the price is about $100 less shipped from ebay than the EVO2.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

This is the only clip I can find... here agian it sounds really quiet but I guess it's just the recording method.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=apexi+honda

But then again maybe quiet is good. My truck (turbodiesel) was straight piped and really loud... I loved it but long trips sucked... maybe I should mature out of the loud and obnoxious phase. LOL.

Also, on car-review.com I noticed a lot of people complaining about a rattle and the mid-section hanging too low... any thoughts on that?

Quick Reply: Ok, I'm going to be a n00bie for a second.