Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

opinions

Old 11-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Default opinions

I am seriously thinkin bout GReddy intake, headers, and exhaust....should I stay with it, or go in another direction

Old 11-16-2006, 09:12 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: opinions

i'm just curious but why? are you buying simply for the name?

their quality is equivalent to other CHEAPER brands, like AEM, Injen, DC Sports, ect...

if you want Greddy to sporsor your car, sure go ahead... then again, last time i checked, greddy doesn't sponsor cheap cars like civics...

Old 11-16-2006, 09:15 PM

well i was listening to some sample sounds, and the GReddy sounded the best in my opinion. Im kinda new to it all, and right now money is not an issue, so any advice would be great.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: C Dub

well i was listening to some sample sounds, and the GReddy sounded the best in my opinion. Im kinda new to it all, and right now money is not an issue, so any advice would be great.
sound clips don't justify the exhausts sound. try to get a hear in person if you can. you're lucky that money isn't an issue but even so, don't be prodigal (wasteful fyi )

the aem v2 is the best intake for any car.

i'm just curious, but do you want to turbo your car in the future, since money isn't a issue? if so, don't bother with the I/H/E

Old 11-16-2006, 09:38 PM
HCF Member

yeah dude... I would stick with the greddy evo2 for the exhaust. GREAT sound for a reasonable price. For the intake, i dont think they're really known for that. I ordered an AEM v2 which ive heard a lot of good things about and it comes in tomorrow so I'll let you know. As for headers, I went with a dc sports ceramic one and couldn't be happier. I think greddy headers are really overpriced, you can get good stuff for under 300 on the header.