Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

question on the catalytic converter

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Default RE: question on the catalytic converter

i just warmed up my car and saw leakin on the u cramp. I call 2 mech and they say it fine and the water is from the engine.
I gonna order hi flow cat from magnaflow (22628 i think) So, the hi-flow cat will rise or redeuce the sound alittle..? which one?

Old 01-06-2006, 04:12 PM

I talked to the hottexhaust.com live help that where i ordered my catback. He say the hi-flow cat will flow better and it will make the catback alittle bit louder. any suggestion guys? i want to hear other people opinion so maybe i can decide rather i should order the hi-flow cat or not.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:56 PM

my magnaflow had a small air leak where it goes from the peice on the cat to the s- part. i fixed it by using a stainless steel band clamp. you can go even ferther and use a band clamp and some high heat silicone sealer. i couldnt get the clamp that it came with tight enough and it ended up just brakeing off. and a high flow cat will make it louder. and you can get a silencer off e-bay. just measure your tip and order one for the same size. it should fit fine.

Old 01-06-2006, 05:10 PM

yea i got the same problem. Im going to a diff mech someday next weeek and have him recheck it. he told me that it have to tighten up. Only reason why it got some air it b/c it wasnt tighten all the way. The mech didnt want to tighten b/c he say that if he tighten up the pipe the S pipe will hit teh wall and tha not good.

How do i find a silencer in ebay?? Im going to check it out wish me luck. I just want to stay aways from the cop. So i do or get anything to lower the sound alittle bit.

Old 01-06-2006, 05:56 PM

Does the hi flow cat will lower the sound and tone of the exhaust.
When I put my Magnaflo hi-flo on my DC sport catback, it got noticably quieter.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:04 PM

hi! chem how are you? there like two people say it will make alittle louder. So i dont really know and i just want to slower a little bit. Do you think a silencer will help?? i was checkin on the ebay and found the silencer 4" tip muffler. I dunno if that the right one. I also talk to tech live online. he told me that it will make a little louder. but it good to hear ur got reduced. i also read a consumer report saying 98-99 the exhaust is poor rating.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:08 PM

See if the company of your catback makes one, if not, I think a universal one should work.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:09 PM

hm... i did check the site and i dont see any but i will recheck

Old 01-06-2006, 06:17 PM

nope i didnt see any silencer tip sellin by itself on www.magnaflow.com i think i remember seeing one that come with the muffler not the catback and now i cant find it [&o]

Old 01-06-2006, 06:54 PM

hey chem what kind of magnaflow cat you? i found somethign interesting. Take a look: http://www.completeexhaust.com/magna...roducts_id=622 or http://www.car-sound.com/catalog/universal/944.aspx Hope this help. i dont know if that really fix my car.

Quick Reply: question on the catalytic converter