Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

quick question(yey im new)-which will fit-

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Default quick question(yey im new)-which will fit-

hey
i have a 98 honda civic hx and am going to do the ole' cold air intake and catback exaust upgrades, im going to get the aem v2 intake, and i want a greddy evo 2 catback, i found 2 versions of it and was wondering which one will fit my car [] im kinda confused,
this one:
Honda 96-99 Civic (DX, 2Dr/4Dr) Greddy EVO 2 Exhaust System (Part#10156654)
or this one:
Honda 92-00 Civic (EX, 2Dr/4Dr) Greddy EVO 2 Exhaust System (Part#10156650)
or if you know of another please tell me,
thanks alot,
-brunester
p.s. im here to stay.....hooooraaay

Old 06-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Default RE: quick question(yey im new)-which will fit-

yeh.......so ne ways, i dont mean to beg but i want to get my parts on order. can anyone recomend a good cheap resailer? and if the evo 2s dont fit whats a good alternative?

Old 06-28-2006, 01:35 AM

im not 100%, but im pretty sure the hx will not work w/ the ex version. someone will come in and veryify(or call me wrong) on that one. i got my evo 2 off of raceinspired.com i give them the thumbs up, good pricing and fast shipping. oh and my evo2 sounds GREAT. my favorite exhaust.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:02 AM
HCF Member

Heres the problem. The EX exhaust piping is shorter, because i has the original stock exhaust manifold, then the cat after that. The thing with the HX is that it has the cat inside the stock exhaust manifold. I kept my stock piping, and put on an ex header, and it bolted up perfectly to the exhaust piping, but I didn't have a cat on at the time. I had to get one welded on. Here is my .02. If you're gonna get a header, buy that first then go with the exhaust system. You will have to get the ex then and have a cat welded on. If you're not planning on buying the header, then I'm almost positive that the DX catback should bolt right up. I hope somebody knows it from experience, cause I'm not totally positive about the dx cat back. Only other option you have to do is, measure your stock piping and then get the measurements from greddy on the size of there exhausts. Hope I helped. If you need a better explanation just send me a private message and I'll try my best to help you.

Old 06-28-2006, 10:22 PM

ok so if i get the dx catback and no headers will it fit? and will it have the catylitic converter?(i live in cali). and if i decide to get headers later can i just send it into the shop and tell em to cut and fit?
thanks for responding
-brunester

Old 06-28-2006, 10:40 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: brunester

ok so if i get the dx catback and no headers will it fit? and will it have the catylitic converter?(i live in cali). and if i decide to get headers later can i just send it into the shop and tell em to cut and fit?
thanks for responding
-brunester
Since you're in cali, I dunno about the emissions and such there. I'd say you should just save up the money and get the header, cat and exhaust done in one shot. This way you don't have to worry about doing things in the future. The only thing you need to worry about is making sure everything is carb.