Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

remmy's new headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 09:11 PM
HCF Member
Default remmy's new headers

Ok guys. I installed my headers today. Pete was right, it kinda sound like ***. Remember, non EX 6th gens (I dont know about the others) have the CAT in the headers. So I dont have a CAT now in my car. It doesnt sound like a pissed off weed eater, but it doesnt sound that great either. I need to do 1 of 3 things: add a hi-flow cat, another resonator, or an exhaust sniper (which I dont think that will help much) but Im not sure which I should do.

However, I have an answer to the mystery of EX headers on LX and DX Civics. Yes, an EX header will beautifully fit an LX and DX. If you are in an emisions concious state, you will fail. If you are not, you wont have to worry about a thing.

Now, since I have added the new headers and dropped the cat, there are pretty good gains. No the questionable 'I think I got some more power'. I definetly got about 10-15 ponies out of it considering I dropped the cat, and made the exhaust system reach its potential. I also noticed that the exhaust runs smoother and faster when in idle. Which means I managed to free up alot of restriction.

Another problem I came across is that the headers only came with one bung hole. My DX sedan has two o2 sensors. I pondered on it for awhile and decided to use the o2 sensor that was before the CAT and electric taped the second one. I dont know if one of the other would make the difference but I used by current knowledge to make the best of it. I almost rigged both of them together but I figured it probably wouldnt be a good idea.

I did not do a DIY like I said I was (sorry) but I didnt have my camera and also couldnt really do one with the situation I had.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: remmy's new headers

How the hell did you get more than one header on there?

JK, hadta give you a hard time.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:14 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga
Pete was right,

Its funny. I hear that Quite often. Lol j/p. Now we gotta get remmy to toss those headers in the garbage.........he needs a turbo manifold.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:23 PM
HCF Member
Old 01-08-2006, 10:36 PM
HCF Member

Street Sniper is my friend. Oh so are the 15 miller lights i had tonite too. (while at work ) Bahaha

Old 01-09-2006, 08:06 AM
HCF Member

Ive been lookin on where I can get some. Thanks Street.

Anybody got any idea to what I should do about the noise?

Old 01-09-2006, 09:08 AM
HCF Member

Get a cat or turn up the stereo?

Old 01-09-2006, 09:29 AM
HCF Member

Well, Ive got the stereo. But Im trying to cover up any finger pointing and laughing on the street so I guess Ill get a cat. But you gotta give me props and a flame free card for being a guinnea pig on this one

Old 01-09-2006, 09:43 AM

hey remm. i got some ray of hope for ya... get a $22 ebay resinator... did wonders for my friends accord.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:45 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-UNI...spagenameZWDVW

something like this

Quick Reply: remmy's new headers