Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Replacement Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Default Replacement Exhaust?

My daughter has a 98 Civic EX coupe automatic and it just developed a hole/leak in the pipe between the muffler and the cat converter. I was planning to take it to a garage, but knowing how they charge for repair, I thought about doing it myself. Like I said, it's my 17 yo daughters car and I was thinking about this system on e-bay: http://snipurl.com/yjmq. I figured that what a garage would charge to fix the pipe, I'd probably spend on a whole system and do it myself.

I did a search and find a lot about the magna system and others but I am interested in only a replacement to the factory and don't want to make a change that would result in a lot of noise. Of course, it's a young persons car so she would like something with "BLING". Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike

Old 10-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Replacement Exhaust?

dude, $70 for a complete exhaust system is ridiculous... If I had to guess, that system wil probably last all of a year, at best. Not to mention it will sound like complete ***.

Does she want an oem replacement, or does she want something aftermarket that'll make a nice low deep tone?

Old 10-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Default RE: Replacement Exhaust?

I agree. It's $70 plus $65 for shipping, but I thought because it was made of SS that it could not be any worse than the stock oem system. Yes, she would like a little more sound, but not to the point of being annoying. Actually, with the hole in the pipe, her friends keep asking if she has a custom exhaust. Of course, until it falls off. I'm willing to spend $200 or so and I think I really only need form the cc back to the muffler. The pipe in between is rusted and I'm sure if I really cheaped-out and fixed just the pipe, then the rest would need to be replaced at some point in the near future. The car is completely "stock" and runs very well, so she does plan to keep it.

What would you do if this were you and only wanted to spend around $200 or so? Thanks for the feedback.