HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Revving exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/revving-exhaust-31894/)

Pete 11-03-2006 11:12 PM

RE: Revving exhaust

Hey I wont rev mine past 4K, but if ya want rev it to 7....its youre motor and youre the one who has to deal with its problems ,not me

01silverbullet 11-04-2006 09:36 AM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

ya or keep it in park.....
why you ask anyways? what you wanting to do?

and dito definatly dont neutral drop the tranny when reven! might be cool to do it but everytime you do it it damages the tranny badly every time shortening its life DRASTICALY!!!!!

thiers realy no need to rev the motor!

what is a nuetral drop?

my05civic 11-04-2006 10:42 AM

i think a neutral drop is when you go from driving, say at a high rpm, straight into neutral.

t34me 11-04-2006 12:43 PM

^^^??? Why would that hurt the car? No, a neutral drop is when you get these dumb ass people driving autos that want to do burnouts. They will rev their car up to high RPM's, then drop it suddenly into drive so their car will burnout, real stupid move. And as far as reving your car while its in neutral, man rev away, hit that limiter all you want, like remmy said, its your motor thats going to be toast....[sm=lame.gif]

MDcivic90 11-04-2006 02:25 PM

revving is pointless IMO. i don't recommend revving up past 4k.

addiction2bass 11-04-2006 03:25 PM

ya you got the neutral drop.. its extremly stupid!!!!

my old impala i beat the crap outta that car with doing some neutral drops.. FIRST CAR---STUPID YOUNG DRIVER!!!!!

never trashed the tranny.. probably just due to it being such a heavy duty vehicle! it did break the vacume shift sensor or what ever part that is.. but it was a simple part to replace...
car still drives fine but motor is starting to smoke from me hotrodding it so much!
but do what i did..... if ya cannt burn out with the stock motor..... throw in a larger motor ;) my impala now can complely bald the back tires with ease.LOL

THO i had a friend with a laser little 4cylinder and she did a few neutral drops on her tranny and one day me and a few friends where messen around and i threw the shifter into neutral at a stop sign just to mess with her and she ended up geting realy pissed and slamed it into drive with the engine still reven up from her trying to take off and CRACK........ car moved about 5-10ft more very slowly!!!!!! and never moved again...... had to tow it home which was luckely just down the road..... turned out to be a trany rebuild ruffly 1,800bucks.LOL
but they didnt blame me cause the tranny was already starting to slip.....

its definatly a very stupid thing to do and can be VERY COSTLY... if not instantly.. down the road cause it does cause some serious damage internaly!

my05civic 11-04-2006 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: MDcivic90

revving is pointless IMO. i don't recommend revving up past 4k.
like i said before, i am revving so i can make a video. and yes, revving is pointless for all other reasons

Mr Mobsta Man 11-04-2006 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Remmy

No. The motor is not under load. Its like a universal rule dude.
Whoops, well I gues it doesn't matter. I only did it once to make a video, I just wouldn't do it again then.

Froznface 11-05-2006 07:23 PM

I can't believe what I'm reading...a thread about how to rev an engine...

Anyways, Mobsta, I'd love to buy a HCF T-Shirt, but nobody will freaking reply to me when I PM them or ask on the actual link. Help a guy out and PM me if you care.