Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Stock with muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:08 PM
HCF Member
Default Stock with muffler?

Anybody have any sound clips of stock piping with just a new muffler of any sort? i searched and no1 distinguishes whether the piping is stock or not. I just want to hear the overall sound, i kno acatback is the way to go, im jus leavin all my options open (especially with the T.B.A verdict of my ticket [:@]). And the name of the muffler would be sweet 2, even though i dont think many ppl are gonna reply to this cause most ppl have catbacks lol

Old 01-31-2007, 08:05 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Stock with muffler?

blackboiwitacivic had an ebay welded on to stock i think... or at least i think it WAS stock piping. i think he's upgraded now

Old 01-31-2007, 08:09 AM
Administrator

we shouldnt even consider finding clips of that...go catback

Old 01-31-2007, 09:39 AM
HCF Member

a name brand muffler will not sound THAT bad, an ebay muffler will most likely sound like sh*t thoguh man, go name brand, and by the time you get that on, you shoulda spent the money on the catback.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

by the time you get that on, you shoulda spent the money on the catback.
Exactly!

Old 01-31-2007, 01:39 PM
HCF Member

yea i wasted my money and i did get a namebrand muffler, it sounds pretty decent but i should have gone for the catback...... soon enough i plan to get a megabn racing cat.. anyway goodl uck with wutever u decide 2 do

Old 01-31-2007, 07:25 PM
HCF Member

I am going all stock with a good brand twin-loop muffler, no other changes. I heard a clip posted a while back with nothing but the twin loop, it sounds great, not too ricey, not too loud, just enough to tell its there, and if nothing else, opens up the flow a little.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:52 PM
HCF Member

ha yea i knew you would suggest the catback.........well let me put it this way, say it cost the same wat would you do.....go with a ebay catback or a brand name muffler on stock piping, thats basically wat its gonna come down 2 lol

Old 02-01-2007, 02:11 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my05civic

blackboiwitacivic had an ebay welded on to stock i think... or at least i think it WAS stock piping. i think he's upgraded now
close enough. But i had a volt muffler welded on to stock piping (and keep in mind my stock piping didn't have a resonator) and it sounded nice but was loud as f*** lol. So i upgraded with a 2.5 catback piping and a magnaflow muffler. But personally it wasn't that bad just a lil loud. So if you don't have all the funds to do a full exhaust you could very well go with a good, GOOOD muffler and put it on stock piping and then over time remove stock piping and go with 2.25 or 2.5 piping catback w/resonator. Thats what i did and it sounds great, one of the better sounding cars on the road and that just not in my opinion many others have told me that.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:58 PM
HCF Member

hmmm....well do u have any links to good mufflers? all the magnaflow's i searched for on ebay were either for trucks or had a dual tip.....and i want neither of those lol

Quick Reply: Stock with muffler?