Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Tenzo R cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 08:52 AM
HCF Member
Default Tenzo R cold air intake

I just purchased a Tenzo R cold air intake from andy's autosport, i looked at pro civic but i am on a budget so that was out of the question, most of their cold air intakes are over 150$ range. I was wondering if anyone has this intake? and what gains might i see, i have DC sports headers 4-2-1 (i think) back to a racing cat then a apexi muffler.

Thanks guys, Eric.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Snail'n Admin
Default RE: Tenzo R cold air intake

ok, personally, i dnot like tenzo r products. There was someone down my street with a lot of their products and i thought they looked cheap. However, if you read just about ANY thread on this forum pertaining to "is this good?", most threads will tell you that its not the brand that makes the difference. What i mean is, you can buy an ebay intake for say $30. the piping on an intake is piping, no matter what the brand. but in the case of ebay products especially, replace the filter with an aem dryflow or a k&n filter. So in the end, its the filter that makes the itnake

Old 08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Super Cereal Admin

worst case scenario: the filter will be crap and you'll get an AEM dryflow or a K&N

by the way, have fun with the shipping... AAS doesn't actually stock stuff... they take the order and send your order to the companies that make/store the product... I don't order from them anymore because of that... not to mention the shipping costs are outrageous.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:11 PM
HCF Member

i'd be careful with cheap filters... they sometimes burn up in the engine bay o.O

Old 08-30-2007, 12:57 AM
HCF Member

yeah i already knew andys is a middle man which im not horribly worried about im not ina huge hurry. And it comes with a K&N style filter but im pretty sure its not one and i know its not an AEM filter as it is Tenzo R. But its just for now, ill probably get an AEM V2 when i have the money, but thats not now sadly. And the shipping was like 10$ i think. And thats not horrible. Not good but not horrible.

Thanks guys, Eric.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: GReddy_Civic
ok, personally, i dnot like tenzo r products. There was someone down my street with a lot of their products and i thought they looked cheap. However, if you read just about ANY thread on this forum pertaining to "is this good?", most threads will tell you that its not the brand that makes the difference. What i mean is, you can buy an ebay intake for say $30. the piping on an intake is piping, no matter what the brand. but in the case of ebay products especially, replace the filter with an aem dryflow or a k&n filter. So in the end, its the filter that makes the itnake
untrue, there are many differences in quality/name brand product vs a knockoff. AEM, Injen, and other intake companies use different kinds of piping that are more insulated somehow... they also are completely smooth on the inside resulting in quicker moving air (faster = less time for head soak) i had an Import Tuner mag about a year or so ago w/ an article on this kinda thing andname brand CAI's put down anywhere from 2-8 more hp than the knock-offs.

ORIGIONAL: desert2007
and what gains might i see, i have DC sports headers 4-2-1 (i think) back to a racing cat then a apexi muffler.
good name w/ the header, high flow cats dont do much but always nice to have, and a muffler...... do you have a catback exhaust or just the Cat and a muffler?? a catback will show you decent results, especialy paired with a DC header.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 PM
HCF Member

yes its an apexi cat back, not just a muffler.

Eric.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Banned

150 dollars sounds a fair price to me, civic is the most easiest car to modify doesn't need to much of expensive stuff to add more horses under the hood.

staff edit: bannt. Lubb, reaper2022