HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   Upgrading exhaust flow without a 'fartbox' (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/upgrading-exhaust-flow-without-fartbox-18326/)

jusplayn85 03-11-2006 02:41 PM

RE: Upgrading exhaust flow without a 'fartbox'

thats not true, i spent $28 on my ebay muffler and got custom 2.5" pipes and my car doesn't sound ricey at all... its a really deep grumbly noise.
+1
--- only difference is that I have a header..

Street Sniper 03-11-2006 02:56 PM

How long have you had it on there? My Magnaflow sounded great for a few weeks too until it opened up. Your pipes aren't mandrel bent though so you are losing some flow.

DC 4-1, high flow cat, 2.5" Magnaflow catback = "Splaaaaaaat!" I need a new exhaust. S/C = loud.

HONDA_GUY 03-11-2006 11:39 PM

I was thinking of getting a Magnaflow...... are they all the same? how loud is it? is it that high pitch popping sound?

I'm looking for a deeper sounding exhaust, and not to expensive.
I havent gotten one because i'm scared of it sounding like crap.....

Hows MeganRacing?

People just say a name brand is good, does that mean any exhaust from that company is good? What should I be looking for?

Pete 03-12-2006 12:00 AM

I got the magnaflow and I love it. Mine sounds so low toned. Ill post a vid tomorrow night.......Ill take a video on the way home from work.

D16z6 03-12-2006 01:07 AM

What do you guys think about my custom setup?

2.25" piping
Magnaflow 5" x 8" Oval Muffler Length 18"
Magnaflow 6" Round Body Muffler Length 18" (use as resonator)
Magnaflow 94000 Series Converter Length 15.5"

The reason for all the long length is because I want to make it quite as possible. If you see any problem or have any suggestion let me. know.

HONDA_GUY 03-12-2006 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Pete

I got the magnaflow and I love it. Mine sounds so low toned. Ill post a vid tomorrow night.......Ill take a video on the way home from work.
That would be awsome!

importcivicus 03-12-2006 11:06 AM

Well I have the D.C. 4-2-1 headers, hi flow cat, tanabe ultra medallion cat back exhaust. Also I have installed the skunk2 TB/IM and a cam. It sounds really nice now. I will get a video on it as soon i get it back from the shop hopefully tomorrow. But i will be rockin it out here in centeral texas. Here in a couple of weeks.

Kedawei 03-12-2006 01:55 PM

Tanabe = good performance from what I've seen. Haven't heard the sound though, so please get that vid!

(And do you know what your avatar says? ;))

Nail I3unny 03-12-2006 02:31 PM

tanabe is generally loud. it has decent performance but scares a lot of peopel away from buying it because of the angry bee tone

ps petes car is gunna sound different from most of yours with a magnaflow because he has a turbo and turbos generally quiet exhausts down a bit.

riceburner700 03-12-2006 02:50 PM

yeah they do, all you here is mostly the turbo spooling up after take off and when you start hearing boost..... damn its such a cool sound exspecaly if you have removed your interior and resinators in the exhaust system and no cat..