HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Header, Intake, & Exhaust (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/)
-   -   V2 VS. Short Ram (AEM) (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/header-intake-exhaust-12/v2-vs-short-ram-aem-7685/)

carlover 07-20-2005 08:55 AM

RE: V2 VS. Short Ram (AEM)

v2 then cai then sri

GSRDevil 07-20-2005 12:47 PM

the AEM V2 may just offer the absolute least horsepower per dollar of any modification you can make.

If your local/state emission laws allow it just get a generic CAI or short ram if you are worried about hydrolocking just get a SRI. Then you can laugh at the guy who spent $200.00 more than you on his V2 as run as fast if not faster as he does

Forty04 07-20-2005 01:02 PM

for christ sakes... i've read 3 of your 9 posts so far, and in all of which you are really pushing the fact that you know everything.. Only, the funny thing is, you don't. Don't spread "what you think is RIGHT" knowledge throughout this forum. No one here respects a cocky person who thinks they know everything.... especially when they're usually wrong, which you clearly are.

GSRDevil 07-20-2005 01:06 PM

Well, I know not to fall for clever marketing ploys by AEM to sell an overpriced metal tube.

Do you feel better now that you flamed me? Huh tough guy?:D

Pete 07-20-2005 01:28 PM

Sorry GS-R but u are wrong. There are many differences between AEM intakes and say "APC" intakes. AEM actually runs tests to see where the coolest to put the filter is.........and they engineer each intake for that specific application. Put an AEM cold air intake on a civic.......put it on a dyno........do the same with ur "APC" Or whatever cheapo ebay intake........ill wager whatever u want that the AEM makes significant more power. You ever seen an AEM commercial on TV? No.......youre not payin for the advertisements........ur paying for the research that was put into making the best possible intake for ur car. And dont yell @ fourty, because ill tell u right now that the kid knows his stuff.

Forty04 07-20-2005 02:07 PM

as does pcupo obviously! Thanks for the backup man.

GSR, no ones out to flame you, or give you a hard time. We have a very respectable place here, with a wealth of knowledge of be obtained. The reason i gave you **** about your psots, is because there are a lot of newbies running around that are gaining false information from people like you who make it sound liek they know what they're talking about. Just saying maybe you should take it down a notch, thats all.

GSRDevil 07-20-2005 03:33 PM

12 second all motor ITR
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...e/faa91487.jpg

The AEM gives you a nice little power increase from 4-5k rpms, the so called AEM hump, but after that there's no significant gain over a cheap SRI. It's from this horsepower gain in this one isolated rpm range that AEM can make it's outrageous horsepower claims but if you look at real(not sponsored by AEM) Dyno charts you'll note no real difference above 5k.

Street Sniper 07-20-2005 03:51 PM

Why did you feel the need to tell us you had a 12 sec all motor ITR? I have a 12 sec all motor Mustang and I dont' know diddly about it. You don't need to have knowledge to own a fast car. Just look at Sacicons. His car is quick and he don't know nuthin'

Oh yeah...

Independant Product Reviews

One highlight: "You will see that both the HP and Torque curves are raised over almost the entire rev range with the largest HP gain (5HP) coming at 7,250RPM."
-Focal Jet

GSRDevil 07-20-2005 04:00 PM

I never said it was mine. I don't know where you got that from

It's Stephen Sakai's.

I'm still trying to find the dyno chart with his ugly intake vs AEM's on ITRs. I used to be a AEM or nothing guy but then I saw stuff like that dyno chart and realized I was just a sucker for some clever marketing

You have a 12 second all-motor Mustang and don't know anything about it? Why is that? Do you not want to know? I look at other people's cars and are interested in how well they work. Having my own and not knowing anything about it would bug me.

Street Sniper 07-20-2005 04:12 PM

Oh, my bad. I can't see the pic. It's just one of those little boxes with a red x.

I understand waht you are saying (kinda). You don't think the extra 2-3 Hp is worth the extra $150.

I shouldn't say I don't know ANYTHING about it. I just meant I didn't build it. It was a mid 13's car when I got it. I mean I understand the principles of an I.C.E.