Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

A Weapon R Intake and other parts.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Default A Weapon R Intake and other parts.

Just want to ask some ideas about Weapon R, specifically the Intakes? What's the differencewith other brands? Does it decrease the sickness of your vehicle? Another part, does Weapon R have it also? And how about the Edelbrock carburetor?

I'm a car enthusiast but I'm not good in choosing the best parts for it. In need for a little help in here. Thanks.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Snail'n Admin
Default RE: A Weapon R Intake and other parts.

ok, well if you are lookin for intakes, go with aem or injen because they are probably the best brands you can get, or you can get an ebay one and replace the filter with k & n or a performance filter. I dont know what you mean by sickness...Honestly, I wouldnt go with weapon r stuff. As for the Edelbrock carburetor, you dont need it. If your running a civic (which I take it you are), your car is fuel injected and a carburetor wouldnt do you any good. If you want to increase your horsepower, buy an intake, headers (either megan racing or dc sports), and buy an exhaust system (such as GReddy, HKS, Apexi, and Magnaflow aren't bad systems.) Thats what most people start out buying. All together, it should cost you around a grand, maybe a little less depending on what you buy.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:38 PM
HCF Member

everyone on here does backflips to sell the aem V2 or injen but i have the Weapon-R secret weapon inake on my 95 civic and it is a **** load cheaper(price) than the aem v2 and it gives Great gains.....i understand people say its dyno proven **** but they all just join the AEM bandwagon. thats my opinion. but hey its your lettuce.(money)

Old 04-26-2007, 05:44 PM

from what i saw weapon r was just as good as the aem except at very hi rpm

Old 04-26-2007, 06:48 PM
HCF Member

I've had a Weapon RDragon intake on my car for roughly 10k miles, and It was really good, but The filters gotten quite dirty, and the foam filters that weapon R uses don't seem to be the greatest. I've felt a drop in power lately, and I think it may have something to do with a dirty air filter. But...A new gift should be arriving on my door step next week. The whale *****, lol. I dished out the money for the password one, which is about the same price as the secret weapon intake, but I really liked this one.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Strong Island

everyone on here does backflips to sell the aem V2 or injen but i have the Weapon-R secret weapon inake on my 95 civic and it is a **** load cheaper(price) than the aem v2 and it gives Great gains.....i understand people say its dyno proven **** but they all just join the AEM bandwagon. thats my opinion. but hey its your lettuce.(money)
it's definitely not a bandwagon, it's just the results backing up the proof that they are superior to 99% of the intakes out on the market. aem, injen are probably the highest quality pieces you can buy. ebay is fine, but the quality can't compare to the aem units.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:25 PM
HCF Member

+1^ AEM products can be a bit pricey but If you want something gauranteed and don't want to gamble. It's your best bet.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 PM
HCF Member

This is because the V2 makes gains across the ENTIRE powerband. This is a dyno of the secret weapon intake. It loses power all the way untill 5500 rpm where it makes like 3hp over stock. That is why I personally endorse the V2. I can't remember the link, but the dynos of the V2 increase power everywhere. And by more than that.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

This is because the V2 makes gains across the ENTIRE powerband. This is a dyno of the secret weapon intake.
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/t..._ex/index.html
It loses power all the way untill 5500 rpm where it makes like 3hp over stock. That is why I personally endorse the V2. I can't remember the link, but the dynos of the V2 increase power everywhere. And by more than that.