Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Weapon R short ram intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Default Weapon R short ram intake

Hey guys, ive been looking at getting a short ram intake opposed to a cold air intake system. The weapon r is sounding real nice and iv been looking around at prices and reviews, what do you guys think bout it, does anyone have this one already?

Thanks.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Default RE: Weapon R short ram intake

noooo... well which model is it any pics. I had the one that looked really cool almost spikes on it. well the mounting bracket was on the surrounding of the filter which was plastic and snapped off letting the intake fly around and make alot of noise. I would not suggest weapon r to my enemy. i have a aem sri and i love it mounts real nice and good sound..

Old 02-10-2007, 08:02 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: absoulute

noooo... well which model is it any pics. I had the one that looked really cool almost spikes on it. well the mounting bracket was on the surrounding of the filter which was plastic and snapped off letting the intake fly around and make alot of noise. I would not suggest weapon r to my enemy. i have a aem sri and i love it mounts real nice and good sound..
Actually, that was not supposed to be used to mount the intake. The bracket on the filter was used so you could attach the ram air system on top of the dragon intake. I have the dragon intake and I'm happy with it.I'm planning on upgrading to the Secret Weapon intake though, because like absolute I learned the hard way that the plastic peice wasn't supposed to be used for mounting and the fact that I've had the intake for 2 yrs and am getting a good deal on the SR.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:27 PM

thanks for the advice.