Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What is so hard???????

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 03:31 PM
HCF Member
Default What is so hard???????

well i just called about 12 different auto shops and simply asked them a price estimate on a custom catback exhaust........i specifically said 2.25" piping from the cat.converter, to a resonator to a single piped muffler with a 2.5" inlet and a 4 in tip, i supply the muffler and the resonator. How much will it be? i politely asked........not one of those shops had any idea what was going on, some said anywhere from 5-6 hundred, some said 2.25 " piping was to big and wouldnt fit on a civic, some said "it depends on what you want to do" < i said exactly what the fu** i wanted them to do!!!! one guy even said to me over the phone( after answering it "Yea?") "i have no godamned idea what thatd take" so i asked politely if he could give me a ballpark estimate within 100$ he said "nope not gonna happen" then there was a 15 sec period of me going "Okaaay" over the phone because he had nothing to say......very professional huh?? they all suggested i have them take a look at it, some said its gonna cost 20$ for them to look at it cuz they needa put it on a lift, and no1 had an appointmenttime i could come in for 2 weeks.......i am fed up with this bullsh** and i needed somewhere to vent...how ridiculous is all of that??? an hour of my life wasted to a bunch of rude asshats who dont kno very much.......im sry i hadda take it out on you guys lol

Old 01-16-2007, 03:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What is so hard???????

that sounds pretty bad listen to my shi**y day which was last friday...My V2 was coming on the 12th, i was tracking it the whole time making sure it was on time which it was...So i sit at home waiting for it, then at about 2 oclock i call UPS and ask them when they come to my area, they said it should have came already...so i get pissed becase it didnt, and she says sorry you will have to wait until monday unless you want to come down and pick it up...I live in san diego, and it was down near mexico where i had to go...so i drive down there at 8:30 they close at 9...i get there and they say ok and start looking for it...they then tell me they dont have it and its on a truck loaded waiting until monday...so in a pissed off mood i leave and on my way home i get a flat tire and get stuck down near mexico...so im sitting there waiting for AAA to come, and a cop pulls behind me asking if I owned my car and just gave me a hard time...anyways the whole entire day just sucked

Old 01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
HCF Member

yea im doing the same thing and one guy said it might not fit.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:19 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: R35P3KT

well i just called about 12 different auto shops
who are you calling? I hope you're not wasting your time calling any chain stores, I'm not surprised they won't do it. They won't even install aftermarket parts if you bring them in, because they can't guarantee the work then. If you can't find a custom shop to do it, or a friend who knows how to weld, you're probably going to have to just buy an off-the-shelf system. why are you looking for a custom exhaust anyway? just trying to save $$?

Old 01-16-2007, 05:41 PM
HCF Member

i got my exhaust for 225$ its 2.25 pipe with a magna flow fart can. got it done at a small local shop i know the guy but he dont give me a discount....

Old 01-16-2007, 05:50 PM

i paid 160 for 2.25 inch pipeing and i supplied the muffler on my civic, that was too expensive imo, but my uncles shop was closed when i had it done otherwise it would have just been parts price. but a lot of shops will not do custom stuff, because they can;t guarentee the work, but usually small independant shops will, and the price varies between each one

Old 01-16-2007, 06:04 PM
HCF Member

midas and meineke were included in those 12, but all the rest were local @$$holes....yea i wanted to go custom catback to save some $$..but im jus goin with the ebay 1 ill do it myself and thats that, if i dont like the sound ill jus buy a different muffler for it......im not blowin 350$ on a magnaflow because that is just unrealistic for my financial status........blackmetal that sux, when it rains it pours huh? lol im gonna make 1 last attempt in my hometown next week cuz every1 mods cars there, here on the cape every1 thinks they r better than every1 else with a stick shoved up their asses.....same with tint, they tried to do it for 300$ here, and i kno thats absolute bull.......

Old 01-16-2007, 08:07 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: R35P3KT

midas and meineke were included in those 12, but all the rest were local @$$holes....yea i wanted to go custom catback to save some $$..but im jus goin with the ebay 1 ill do it myself and thats that, if i dont like the sound ill jus buy a different muffler for it......im not blowin 350$ on a magnaflow because that is just unrealistic for my financial status........blackmetal that sux, when it rains it pours huh? lol im gonna make 1 last attempt in my hometown next week cuz every1 mods cars there, here on the cape every1 thinks they r better than every1 else with a stick shoved up their asses.....same with tint, they tried to do it for 300$ here, and i kno thats absolute bull.......
my tint was $300

Old 01-16-2007, 08:09 PM
HCF Member

where are you at??? i kno half the ppl on this site got 15% on all their windows for 180$ or less lol they wanted 300$ for 35%

Old 01-16-2007, 08:17 PM
HCF Member

yea i can get mine tinted for $110. and custom exhaust if i supply the cat, resonator, and muffler for $80. so you are getting ****ed over

Quick Reply: What is so hard???????