Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

whats the best way to get a mellow tone out your car with out a catback exuast ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Default whats the best way to get a mellow tone out your car with out a catback exuast ?

im thinking i may want to change the muffler on my new car when i get witch i hope will a honda civic hoppfully a 05 civicvp what i want is a non ticked off bumble bee mellow sweet exaust tone and cool sounding car i dont wanna any intake stuff such as a cai on the motor cause my opinoin is they dont do anything and im not going to turn the car into a tunercar its just going to be my daily driver would a flowmaster 60 seiris fit on a 05 civic ? or any civic ? and will it give me the sound im looking for ? thanks in advance hope you can help me

Old 04-13-2005, 08:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: whats the best way to get a mellow tone out your car with out a catback exuast ?

ok, first of all, cai's do do something. that's why just about everyone in this forum has one. as far as your ? goes. it depends on what sound you are looking for. a muffler really isn't going to do **** except make your car sound really gay. your best bet would be to get an axle-back exhaust with a silencer. mufflertech has some pretty decent ones for a good price. my opinion, a catback is the way to go. you get the little bit of added power and the note your looking for. look into megan racing on ebay for a catback. they aren't that much either. but if you absolutley have to have only a muffler, then i would suggest ebay once again and spend like 25 bucks for one. and when you decide that it isn't worth it, you aren't out that much $. hope that helps a little.

Old 04-13-2005, 11:01 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: whats the best way to get a mellow tone out your car with out a catback exuast ?

i dont wanna any intake stuff such as a cai on the motor cause my opinoin is they dont do anything

DONT SMOKE CRACK!

Cold Air Intakes are proven to increase horsepower as well as throttle resonse. Dont try to sound smart. Everyone knows CAIs WORK AND WORK WELL!

Old 04-14-2005, 12:13 AM
HCF Member

i dont wanna any intake stuff such as a cai on the motor cause my opinoin is they dont do anything
A cai will help ur car breathe better and cooler than ur stock restricted intake box.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:58 AM

...CAI don't do anything...

COOL CHRIS,

I'm new here, but I recently put a CAI on my 05 LX. I haven't Dyno'd it or anything but I can tell you that when I pulled out in front of a truck and hit the gas it took off like a bat and the engine temp is running about 60 - 80 degrees cooler, than with the stock box, which has to be a good thing. So if you don't see or feel any other improvement know that a CAI will do at least those two things.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:17 AM

ok reason i dont want a cai on my is i dont care for that hissing sound it makes when car idles it sounds like something is wrong with the motor i dont want that im looking for a smooth sweet exaust note dont smoke crack ummm excuse me i dont smoke drink or do drugs

Old 04-14-2005, 11:07 AM

I'm not sure which CAI you are talking about that makes a hissing sound at idle, but I have an Injen on my '05 LX and don't have a hissing sound when at idle. But that's my personal opinion. What I can tell you is that throtle response will be improved some and your engine temp should run a bit cooler which has to be a good thing. For only $160 it's not a bad way to go and with that big factory air box out of there you'll have a lot more room to move around when you start adding something else to your set-up. It was worth the money to me just for the extra room I have now in the engine compartment.

Old 04-14-2005, 01:22 PM
HCF Member

the noise a CAI makes at idle doesnt sound like somethings wrong with the car. I guess it kinda sounds like a pulley or something

Old 04-14-2005, 04:22 PM

yeah bro you should just get a cat back, but if you really only want a muffler look into one from seabring tunning.

Old 04-14-2005, 05:51 PM
HCF Member

dyno tests have proven that AEM CAI will give u 5-8 horses. it also helps your engine run cooler.

and it doesnt hiss, what your prolly hearing is the blowoff valve in a turbo system

Quick Reply: whats the best way to get a mellow tone out your car with out a catback exuast ?