Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Is it worth

Old 07-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Default Is it worth

putting a short air intake, will I see any horsepower increase. Or just stick with stock. Will I even feal a power increse. Short air is my only option.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Is it worth

The gains will depend on which one you get, but you will see some gain with any aftermarket; maybe 1-2 Hp. The key here is the filter and the restriction. See, the stock airbox draws in cooler air than a SRI and the stock filter has a lot of surface area, but the trade off is corrugated pipe and several turns in that pipe- both of which restrict airflow. If you got a drop in K&N for the stock airbox you would probably get about the same gains as a generic SRI. Click on K&N's link above and check out their SRI. They make ~ 5-6Hp. Also, check out Weapon-R Secret Weapon they have a technology in their SRI similar to AEM's V2.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:41 PM

The aem short air

Old 07-22-2005, 10:01 PM
HCF Member

I think the V2 is a CAI, but I cold be wrong because I don't have the kind of money for AEM, but it's a dual pipe design used to flow more air with vacuums and venturi's and physics stuff. You know, Bernouli and Boyle and them.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

I think the V2 is a CAI, but I cold be wrong because I don't have the kind of money for AEM, but it's a dual pipe design used to flow more air with vacuums and venturi's and physics stuff. You know, Bernouli and Boyle and them.

What does this have to do with the subject.[&:]

Old 07-22-2005, 10:15 PM

The gains will depend on which one you get, but you will see some gain with any aftermarket; maybe 1-2 Hp. The key here is the filter and the restriction. See, the stock airbox draws in cooler air than a SRI and the stock filter has a lot of surface area, but the trade off is corrugated pipe and several turns in that pipe- both of which restrict airflow. If you got a drop in K&N for the stock airbox you would probably get about the same gains as a generic SRI. Click on K&N's link above and check out their SRI. They make ~ 5-6Hp. Also, check out Weapon-R Secret Weapon they have a technology in their SRI similar to AEM's V2.

It sounds like your saying a short ram is bad, or I am probably stupind. And what are my other options, other than aem.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:16 PM
HCF Member

The subject of Hp increase with a SRI?? You are the one that asked the stinkin question. I am obviously ineffectively trying to illustrate that the brand and type of SRI will vary the gains produced due to the utilization of various physics principles based on the work of people like Bernouli and Boyle.

Maybe you should qualify your inquiries a little less succinctly than,
The aem short air

Old 07-22-2005, 10:19 PM

The subject of Hp increase with a SRI?? You are the one that asked the stinkin question. I am obviously ineffectively trying to illustrate that the brand and type of SRI will vary the gains produced due to the utilization of various physics principles based on the work of people like Bernouli and Boyle.

Maybe you should qualify your inquiries a little less succinctly than,
The aem short air

Awwwww your stupid j/klol, were is "nail bunny" and "sacion"(sorry for miss-spelling)

Old 07-22-2005, 10:20 PM
HCF Member

We must be operating on different wavelengths here.

The SRI is not bad. It's just a trade off- less restriction, but hotter air.

For every 10*F you can cool the incoming air you will gain ~ 1% Hp. The converse is also true- for every 10*F that your incoming air is elevated, you will lose ~ 1% Hp.

They will tell you the same thing.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:47 PM

We must be operating on different wavelengths here.

The SRI is not bad. It's just a trade off- less restriction, but hotter air.

For every 10*F you can cool the incoming air you will gain ~ 1% Hp. The converse is also true- for every 10*F that your incoming air is elevated, you will lose ~ 1% Hp.

They will tell you the same thing.

Thanks man, although that talk is too complicated for my little brain

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is it worth