Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Y7 TB on Y8 IM

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 05:45 PM
HCF Member
Default Y7 TB on Y8 IM

So I bought a Y8 intake manifold on ebay. The TPS came broken from UPS. Luckily I had it insured and that it is covered. I was wondering if the stock TB from my Y7 will fit on the Y8 manifold. The Y8 IM is off of a manual so it has the external IACV on the back side, I think the IACV is built into the TB on the Y7s.If my TB fits will I have to do any modifications to get it to work?

Old 07-08-2008, 05:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Y7 TB on Y8 IM

I think all you would have to do is put a blockoff plate over the holes for the external IACV. I'm not completely sure but I would try that first.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:10 PM
HCF Member

I am not able to remove any parts because UPS is coming out to inspect th IM so I have to wait. ergh This kind of thing can be frustrating.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:42 PM

i think the y7's TB is smaller than the y8's so installing it on the y8 manifold really kinda defeats a little of the purpose of buying the y8 manifold.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: trustdestruction

i think the y7's TB is smaller than the y8's so installing it on the y8 manifold really kinda defeats a little of the purpose of buying the y8 manifold.
Could I have it ported to match up with the IM?

Old 07-08-2008, 07:10 PM

hmm, i'm not sure. it's not that much smaller than the y8's so it's probably possible, but i'm not sure how much room is there for boring it out. Like i'm not sure of the maximum amount you can bore it out without messing it up/ running out of metal to bore.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

BUMP

What if I threw some money at a Skunk2 TB and then bought a new TPS. Would that work? I thought it would because the TBs don't come with the sensor just the mount holes.. Just a thought.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:15 PM
HCF Member

I think skunk2 throttle bodies come with all the sensors on them already. I also don't know how large of an aftermarket TB you can put on the stock intake manifold without boring it out.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

Nope the instructions from the website say to grind off the rivets on the stock throttle body if you are using the OEM unit. If not you could buy one and relace it alot more easily. woot woot. That is probably what I will do. UPS may cover some cost too.

The instructions say to check the TPS voltage when it is on the stock TB and to adjust the voltage to the same specs when it is on theSkunk2 TB. How do I do that? I have a volt meter but I am a volt meter virgin.