Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Your opinions and reviews.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Default Your opinions and reviews.

I been reading a few reviews on here over three different catbacks. The story with my exhaust modding starts in 2005 when I ordered an RS*R Exmag catback for my EM1 in July.

Here it is July of 2007, and this company (which no longer exists) is finally refunding my money.

After reading more reviews on here, I want your opinion and reviews of these three catbacks.

I ONLY want your opinion and review IF YOU HAVE one of these three catbacks on your car.

APEX'i World Sport 2 - $489.73
GReddy Sports Performance 2 - $508.89
RS*R Exmag - $No pricing as of right now.

I've only researched one reputable site for these three catbacks, so these prices only reflect that one site.

In your reviews, if you could link me to where you bought your catback, and how the service was, I would appreciate this.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Your opinions and reviews.

if ur gunna spend the money go for an invidia catback or a greddy evo2, although the exhausts u posted all are pretty good from what i hear

Old 07-17-2007, 06:32 PM

I want something relatively quiet. I enjoy hearing the engine over the exhaust. The GReddy needs some damn good reviews before I'd buy it because it is the most expensive of the three.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

you could just put in a silencer (baffle)on your exhaust if you want it quieter. I heard Tanabe makes a quiet exhaust that doesn't hinder performance. It might be a little expensive though.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:04 PM

My roommate had a tanabe medallion on his G2 teg. Even with the baffle it was loud, at constant speed the droning of his exhaust gave me a headache.

I posted this thread asking for reviews upon these three exhausts, not of what I could do that I don't want to do.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:08 PM
HCF Member

go with the exmag then

Old 07-17-2007, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: ic892003

go with the exmag then
Is this advice from your personal experience with this catback?

Old 07-17-2007, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

I bought a silencer for my magnaflow cat-back exhaust because my girlfriend couldn't stand how loud it was. I had it on for a week but hated how quiet it made it (which was a considerable amount), so I took it off and haven't put'n it back on since.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:41 PM
HCF Member

I will tell you now...Go get out your credit card and buy that RS*R. From experience, because I have it, it is the best sounding civic exhaust I have heard. It is not much louder than stock, just much better sounding ( I don't know if that's what you're looking for, some people want it louder). I can hear the exhaust up to about 4k, then the intake and engine noise take over. It is beautiful, incredibly smooth especially up in the high end. The fitment was absolutely PERFECT, with the exhaust sitting right smack dab in the middle of the cut out, BARELY past the bumper edge. The whole thing looked so pretty, i didn't even let it touch the ground when isntalling it (i know i know, it's on the bottom of the car, but it looked like jewelry, i couldn't bring myself to let it touch the ground). if you want to hear a clip, mine is the one that is linked in the exhaust FAQ...I have others if you want them that were taken from outside the car in different scenarios, i.e. taking off, flooring it while driving etc. etc. Just let me know if you want them. You really will not regret getting it, I thought about going with the WS2 for a while, but am SO glad I spent the extra money and went with RS*R.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_410377/tm.htm
Here's the link to my thread, sorry some of the pics that the other guy had are now not hosted or something, but my first two are there, along with the soundclips still.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your opinions and reviews.