Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Which Angel Eyes are Better?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 08:33 PM
HCF Member
Default Which Angel Eyes are Better?

I know im posting madd questions on here and i apoligize.I just wante my car to look decent. So im planning on putting some angel eyes on my 92 civic LX. I am stuck between 3. I used one of them already and didnt like them because you couldnt really see the rings because one was on the lowbeam light, and the other was on the turn signal bulb. So the rings didnt stand out that much.

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95...ayphotohosting

I seen these ones and liked that the rings were on the High and Low beam lights.The only thing i didnt like about these was that little swirly thing onthe inner corner side of the lights.

2. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95...mZ180274002409

These i like because of the LED lights on the outer corner of the lights. But they look "different".Like i never seen them on a car and i dont want stick out in bad way. I also dont like that there is the chrome where the light is coming out from.

3. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95...ayphotohosting

You guys helped me out beforewith great opinions that i am going to use. I hope you guys have some opinions for this one. I really need it.

And o'yea. I plan on putting HID's in with the headlights i plan on using. Thanks for the help

Old 08-09-2008, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

Just so you know. The halo rings have been known to burn out kinda quickly, then you can have fun replacing that. I have those rings around my lights, but I didn't wire them up, not only because I don't want to have one side burnt out, but also because they look super dumb. Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:49 PM

i think the 2nd ones you listed look the best. They look like Anzo projectors, which are like $200 on procivic.com. They're pretty good quality and they come with aftermarket wiring which is great because it takes the load off your stock system and is more efficient. Make sure you use dialectic grease on the relay contacts in the wiring, and tape them off real good with electrical tape. I didn't do that on my old civic and my relays kept going bad from getting moisture in them. It was an easy fix though once I figured out why they kept going bad.
The swirly thing you described is a city light. You can wire it to be on with your parking lights, or you can leave the bulb out and not wire it at all. They're not important.
Make sure you seal the headlight housing with silicone. Since you'll have to buy silicone for that, i'd also use some silicone for sealing up the relays in the wiring.

I have had both the 1st and 2nd ones you listed and I can tell you the 2nd ones are much better quality than the first, and shine better than the first ones too. Just make sure you adjust the beams good. Plus it's really nice having that brand new aftermarket wiring.

p.s. the 3rd ones are fugly

Old 08-09-2008, 09:56 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, don't cheap out too much. Mine are pretty good fitment, but there are a couple beams in my headlights where it looks like a disco ball, but its not too bad. I WAS going to get HIDs for them, but.. I figured later down the road i'll get Anzo ones and just HID them, and if they arn't good enough, i'll get a retro fit.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Vilex
but.. I figured later down the road i'll get Anzo ones and just HID them, and if they arn't good enough, i'll get a retro fit.
yea i wouldn't put HIDs in Anzos. I had Anzos with regular H4 bulbs and the beam pattern was fine for regular bulbs, but you could tell that it couldn't take much more than regular bulbs without throwing the light everywhere.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:10 PM
HCF Member

i got the first ones on my other civic, the rings been running for 2years and havent had a problem with any of them. The only things is i didnt wire them tight enough and they would come loose. but i fixed that already. So the seconds ones will look good with HIDS or are they going to send my light everywhere?

Old 08-11-2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dipsetcivic117
i got the first ones on my other civic, the rings been running for 2years and havent had a problem with any of them. The only things is i didnt wire them tight enough and they would come loose. but i fixed that already. So the seconds ones will look good with HIDS or are they going to send my light everywhere?
the HIDs are going to scatter light on any of those projectors. They are not made for HID and are not going to perform that well with HID. It'll work i guess, just not as good as a retrofit.