Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Any creative ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Default Any creative ideas?

Ok, I have a 2005 Civic VP. It's pretty much known to be the most basic version of the Civic. I have some questions about the interior. First of all, is there any way at all to get rid of the knicks that you get in the b-pillar from the seatbelt. My car came with some already on it, and I can't think of any way to get them out. The interior is really cheap so instead of making a superficial mark, it pretty much scuffs up the panel. It's nauseating at times because I always guide the belt back when I unbuckle, and obviously I'm going to occasionally slip up. It's very unsettling that I have to constantly be thinking about the seatbelt all the time. People whip their seatbelts back ALL THE TIME and never get scratches. VW's are excellent examples of cars with WONDERFUL interior structures. Not only does the seatbelt have a slower motor so that the belt retracts slowly and properly- but the whole car is made up of a very good quality plastic interior. It's lovely. The VW I'm referencign is an LX so that might be the difference but still. Anyway, any ideas to help me with this problem?? I was also thinking of maybe constructing my own fabric cover for the panel that will not only prevent new ones, but cover the ones that look so bad. Does anybody know of a clever way to perhaps HANG a piece of protective fabric from the seatbelt so that the seatbelt won't clank against the panel? It's tricky because it I use a string to hang it, I'd have to hang it from the part of the seatbelt that moves, so the fabric probably wouldn't stay in place. I'm at my breaking point, I don't want to have to be mindful of where my seatbelt lands all the time. An suggestions would be so appreciated.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Default RE: Any creative ideas?

not really sure what to tell you, but a pic would definately be helpful.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Administrator

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

for real though we would love to help, jsut try and get some pics up

Old 06-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i hate when people let go of there set belts and it flys up and hits my window...im like wtf dude??