Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

APC RACING SEATS HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Default APC RACING SEATS HELP!!!!!!

ok so i bought APC racing seat of ebay and yea i dont trust ebay alot but i was impressed these seats look and feel great but the problem is i dont know how to work with seats ive redone my whole interior in my civic 2000 ex and now i want to get these seats in but im not good with this stuff someone help me. When the seats came they came with "universal sliders" which i hear arent so universal. So not knowing what to do i took my stock honda seats out and took off the brackets underneath them and attempted to put them on the new racing seats...no luck. The bottom of the racing seats have just four holes thats it so i dont know what to do. Sparco has a seat kit but it looks confusing and its really expensive i saw some honda civic seat brackets on ebay that look like you just sit the four holes onto the bracket and bolt them down but who knows if the seat will go up are those what i want to buy? cause off ebay they are like 30 bucks unlike sparcos 200 for each seat bracket! So should i get those and then just bolt the seat onto them or drill my own holes on the bracket if the seat dont fit? i just want to know because hardly anyone on ebay will take returns or give out refunds cause they are asses but oh well just wanted to get some help before i go spending more money then i dont need to please give me some help here cause i want to get these bad boys in the car. oh and if anyone decides to help me out if you want pictures of the bottom of the seat and a link to the bracket i was looking at give me a holler and ill send you a pic so maybe someone can help a little more
thanks a ton guys

later
sean

sean

Old 06-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Default RE: APC RACING SEATS HELP!!!!!!

Yea shrink your test first off and to answer your "large" question, yes the 30 buck brackets work. I've got a set of ebay seats and the brackets and they work, the only issue i have with them is the bolt opening for the outer rear bolt, it when sinched down will slowly pull the bracket downwards making the seats tilt towards the outside of the car...... Oh and on my brackets I had to redrill/bore out the mounting holes for the sliders because their spacing was wider than the ones pre drilled in the brackets.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:26 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

post up a pic of the brackets they came with..

I'm currently in the middle of custom making seat rails/sliders for my 99ex. All you have to do is pick up some cheap rails/sliders from a 92-95 Civic (NOT del sol). Get some 18" strips of 1/4" thick aluminum, and some nuts and bolts. if you're any good with a drill and die grinder, you can grind down the side brackets on the eg rails, and drill holes in them. Mount the aluminum cross braces to the rails, bolt in place. Then drill holes in the aluminum to accomodate the bolts holding the seat in place.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

Big font.... WOW

Old 07-01-2007, 02:07 PM

Sorry for the font man my friends computer is wierd so now that im on mine the font is pretty freakin big. anyways yea i guess ill just give the ebay seat brackets a try. Do the brackets fit the floor perfect or do i have to alter those too i dont mind changing the top of the bracket for the seat i just want the bracket to fit the floor right. just go to ebay and type in APC seats and you will see the exact seats i have. and so can i just get any bracket for my year car i guess each company prolly makes the same bracket really. thanks boss apprectiated later

sean

Old 07-01-2007, 09:06 PM

Mine needed a bit of tweeking to line up for the one of the holes but for the most part it was pretty much drop n play. The only thing I'd suggest is some form of extra bolt or stop for the outter rear tabs, on mine when I start tightening the bolt down the bracket will get sucked in (as normal) but then the washer and bolt will start pulling the bracket down wards thusly leaving the seats cocked outwards at the top of the seats.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

1. Theyre APC... why APC?
2. I had to custom do my brackets out off my stock seats to fit the seats that I have now... it was a real pain in the ***.
3. Post some pictures so we can see what you got..

Old 07-02-2007, 05:10 PM
February 2010 ROTM

i think that first post qualifies as the worlds biggest run on sentence

Old 07-03-2007, 05:09 PM
HCF Member

got apcs

Old 07-12-2014, 10:25 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by justinwebb
i think that first post qualifies as the worlds biggest run on sentence
Both literally and figuratively. But a lot of the guys on my 944 forum aren't much better.

Quick Reply: APC RACING SEATS HELP!!!!!!