Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

blacking out headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya no problem... remember id advised ya if ya want the nicer ones go with some bixenon hids. they are very nice if they use the single ballast per bulb.
i love my bixenon hids!
i wish i could get some bixenon hids for my truck.LOL but i have to buy two kits for it.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

well what he's talking about has the 2 balasts per bulb..

why would you need 2 kits for the truck?

Old 02-26-2009, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by project5k
well what he's talking about has the 2 balasts per bulb..

why would you need 2 kits for the truck?
he needs two kits for the truck because his high and low beams are separate bulbs.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:34 AM
HCF Member

ahhh, the 4 bulb setup.. ok, that makes sence..
or he could go off the deep end and put 2 sets with high low in them and ionize the air out in front of his truck...

hehe maybe if he does that and then gets up to 88 miles per hour.... POOF! back in time!
hehehehehehe

yea i know, sometimes i only make myself laugh.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:55 AM
HCF Member

so i had ordered the headlight housings from ap1ap2 on ebay, and then they turn around and call me and tell me that they wont have them in untill like friday. Now i will give them credit for calling, but you shouldnt list things on ebay unless you actually have them.. i left a big fat negative for them...

they refunded the money, but paypal put the money on hold...

so now i'm gonna have to order another set, from someone else...

I'm looking at this one
Item number: 140301186343

thoughts?

Old 03-03-2009, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by project5k
Now i will give them credit for calling, but you shouldnt list things on ebay unless you actually have them.. i left a big fat negative for them...
most sellers do that. get used to it.

i ordered a blox short shifter once and they didn't have it so he asked me if buddy club would be okay... needless to say, i was pretty satisified. lol

and i'll tell you from experience, ebay's store/listings manager sucks. it sucks so bad that it's very easy to accidentally miss an item and not have it in stock but still have it listed.

most of the time, the seller will have the item readily available and in stock.

also, eBay charges an *** load of fees. it's a lot cheaper to just leave the listing running than it is to cancel it and relist it 2 days later when it's in stock.

if you want to blame anybody, blame ebay for being essentially a monopoly of online sales. They are able to have ridiculous rules and prices because there's nowhere else to go that gets that kind of profit (besides amazon... but that's different), and their merchants would rather deal with the BS and sh!tty interface than lose tons of sales by dropping out of eBay.

honestly, you should have given them neutral feedback. they tried to accommodate you by letting you know ASAP what was going on and gave you a refund since you wanted it. the whole money freeze is paypal's fault, because they auto-transfer the funds back to the method of payment (probably your bank account) which can take a couple days to process.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 03-03-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:28 AM
HCF Member

yea i hear ya, but see heres the thing, thats my daily driver for my 60+ mile one way drive each day, and one of the headlights is burned out, and i dont wanna go spend money to replace the bulb that i'm just gonna replace with my hid's when they get here. Oh and did i mention that i have to get it inspected this month? so i'm stuck driving my truck every day, and that thing is about to eat me outta house and home...

I guess worst case scinero is i'll just put the hid's in the stock crappy looking housings that are on there now, and hope it'll pass inspection like that, and then down the road i'll get the housings..

Old 03-03-2009, 07:30 AM

you can buy a cheapo H4 bulb at the store for like $5. problem solved.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:35 AM

oh and if you don't pass inspection with the HIDs in the stock housings you're not going to pass inspection with HIDs in the headlights you mentioned on eBay either, so your reasoning for being annoyed has no foundation.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:02 AM
HCF Member

good point, i guess i hadn't thought it all the way through... I really dont expect to get any crap from my inspection place, thier good ole country boys, and unless its just pouring out smoke, they just check if the lights will come on, and that the horn works.. we dont have any kind of smog testing here.