Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Buy the car if the price is right
11.76%
Repaint the car after I buy it
41.18%
The color is well enough alone
29.41%
Save the $$ and buy a newer honda
17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Color of paint not sure

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:40 PM
HCF Member
Default Color of paint not sure

What are opinions of the color of this car? This is a nice car and I would like to have a look at it but the color for me is a bit different then what i would normally go for. But gotta love a gt apex toyota

Old 04-12-2008, 02:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Color of paint not sure

I <3 GT Apex... i just wish they sold that or the Tureno model in north america I'd totally consider getting one

Old 04-12-2008, 02:26 PM
HCF Member

Cool, what do you think of the paint colour Fiirkan? The car is really clean and has 4age20v silvertop motor, and obviously the exterior is free of any major body work. It looks pretty nice and I like the colour but not sure, its still a little wierd for me, I guess I would probally just adjust to the colour.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I say buy it... rhd = sexiness (like I said in the pm, drive-throughs and toll booths would suck though)... if you have the money after you buy it, consider repainting it... until then, the color isn't too bad.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:41 PM

to be honest, you bought a civic in RED.. i mean seriously.. RED?? WTF! Id buy a newer civic to be honest. That car does look clean though and i personally think the colour suits the car.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

Ya cool, ryan I agree the color does seem to suit this car. I bought my civic at the time when I was just worried about fuel economy. I think red is decent, looks badass with some white wheels on the car. You dont like red? As for a new civic Im just not liking the idea of buying a newer civic (prices are high here for civics even private sale) and then I would be back in the same road of making it fast. Im looking for a nice motorin a car already so I can spend the money on quality parts(ecu's, turbos, intercoolers, headers, cai if its na)etc. And I really want a rwd.And reaper the car would suck at drive thru's and stuff like that, but I could always just back in, lol. Im actually looking at a 200sx with an sr20det red top turbo it is also a rhd but it is completely gutted and setup for competition, is not really suitable for dd use, although the ac remains in the car Any more opinions I would enjoy reading them and thanks guys for the opinions

Old 04-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: megafandrew
Im actually looking at a 200sx with an sr20det red top turbo it is also a rhd but it is completely gutted and setup for competition, is not really suitable for dd use, although the ac remains in the car
what isn't suitable? The car's setup or the gutted interior? Becuase the gutted interior sounds like a good reason to throw in a Silvia S15 interior in there (dash and everything)... assuming you could find that kind of stuff.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: RyanEJ2

to be honest, you bought a civic in RED.. i mean seriously.. RED?? WTF! Id buy a newer civic to be honest. That car does look clean though and i personally think the colour suits the car.
Whats wrong with red civics? they look gorgeous when done right , not to offend you but red is a much nicer color than the one in ur car.And i think im not alone on this one.

And i would buy that toyota in a snap ! i like it a lot althoug i dont like the paint but i think u should get it and later on change the color

Old 04-12-2008, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

ORIGINAL: megafandrew
Im actually looking at a 200sx with an sr20det red top turbo it is also a rhd but it is completely gutted and setup for competition, is not really suitable for dd use, although the ac remains in the car
what isn't suitable? The car's setup or the gutted interior? Becuase the gutted interior sounds like a good reason to throw in a Silvia S15 interior in there (dash and everything)... assuming you could find that kind of stuff.
Now that is sexy , my brother in law had a silver 1990 240sx with an sr20det and silvia interior , Unfurtunately it got stolen from his driveway!

Old 04-12-2008, 05:04 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: PREKGSR

ORIGINAL: RyanEJ2

Whats wrong with red civics? they look gorgeous when done right , not to offend you but red is a much nicer color than the one in ur car.And i think im not alone on this one.

And i would buy that toyota in a snap ! i like it a lot althoug i dont like the paint but i think u should get it and later on change the color
I like the red colour on my civic too, lol. Anyways, the 200sx is not suitable for dd because of the setup. It is road drivable but its not something you want to try to put around in tight traffic. Ive looked at the car it does have a full roll cage in it and the suspension is probally a little stiff riding, its got a really stiff clutch as well so that would be hard not stall in traffic. I think its probally been used as a track car of some sort in its other world. It just does not seem like a good street car, I might be wrong though. I will test drive it if i can[8D] But what I meant is this levin or another 240 would be alot more comfortable to drive around in in the summer I like the sounds of a silvia interior. What all is required for such a swap into a 200sx? Is this just like the seats, carpet, moldings and such? Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Color of paint not sure