Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Cracked front lip

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:23 PM
HCF Member
Default Cracked front lip

Ok so last night I ran over a possum and it cracked my ABS plastic front lip. It's not bad, just underneath, but the crack is about an inch and a half long. Is there anything that I need to do to fix this, or should it be ok. It's not visible, but I don't want it cracking further or anything like that. Suggestions? Thanks.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Cracked front lip

well, i dont really no the name of it, but theres this stuff with a nickname "liquid plastic", i get mine at body shops or paint shops and its a 2 part mixture and when you put it on it mixes toughter to become a really strong plastic, you can fill the crack in with that

Old 10-16-2006, 02:49 PM
HCF Member

ok cool, thanks a lot mill$

Old 10-16-2006, 03:16 PM

yea, or u can can get plastic epoxy...that worked great on my dads radiator fan guard on his bronco!

Old 10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
HCF Member

is it bad that i laughed when you siad you hit a possum? [:-] lol im sorry man, that sucks really bad. I hit a deer going 90 so i know how ya feel. Sorry to hear it. Seems like if you take it off durin the winter it wouldnt crack anymore. In the winter it would seem like the changing temperate and the cold all the time might crack it or something some more. Unless you regularly scrape on driveways during daily driving, then it seems like over time it would crack more and more, but other than that, it seems like you would be alright. If you think you really need to fix it, go with what they said ^

Old 10-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

where did you guys get this plastic repair stuff, and what exactly is it called?

Old 10-17-2006, 09:59 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

is it bad that i laughed when you siad you hit a possum? [:-] lol im sorry man, that sucks really bad. I hit a deer going 90 so i know how ya feel. Sorry to hear it. Seems like if you take it off durin the winter it wouldnt crack anymore. In the winter it would seem like the changing temperate and the cold all the time might crack it or something some more. Unless you regularly scrape on driveways during daily driving, then it seems like over time it would crack more and more, but other than that, it seems like you would be alright. If you think you really need to fix it, go with what they said ^
I tried to move out of the way and he was runnin for his life also. Unfortunately he lost it...Anyways I probably am just going to repair it with some of that stuff. I don't scrape or anything, as least not right now. I probably will when I drop my car.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:27 AM
HCF Member

I'd like to hear the story about Jaba the Hutt up here hitting a deer going 90...

Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 AM
HCF Member

lol I agree, sounds interesting

Old 10-17-2006, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

ok i went to the place were i get all my automotive paint (the web site) and tried to look up the stuff i get, im 99.9% sure its the ones in that link,thos were the only ones on the web site.. i got the super fast one because thats what i needed..but you can see if any local shops sell it near you guys. Its REALLY stong, turns just like plastic and paint/sandable (some are,read the lable)

http://www.lord.com/tabid/3401/Default.aspx

Quick Reply: Cracked front lip