Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Drooping headliner...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 AM
HCF Member
Default Drooping headliner...

Any way to fix this? its about to drive me nuts!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:48 AM
February 2010 ROTM

you cant really you have to take it out and put up new fabric wit the foam backing. Just had to do this in my other car, what happens is the glue comes off the foam and the fabric falls down. You cant just glue the fabric back on cause it will look like hell. It needs to have the foam backing. Jo-ann fabrics has some and get a can of high strength headliner glue and go at it. Gotta take all out of the car though

Old 05-27-2009, 10:55 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by justinwebb
you cant really you have to take it out and put up new fabric wit the foam backing. Just had to do this in my other car, what happens is the glue comes off the foam and the fabric falls down. You cant just glue the fabric back on cause it will look like hell. It needs to have the foam backing. Jo-ann fabrics has some and get a can of high strength headliner glue and go at it. Gotta take all out of the car though
Do you know about how much the headliner with the foam costs approx? Do you know what a pro shop would charge me?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:35 AM
February 2010 ROTM

ummm i paid like 40 bucks for enough to do a 4 door olds cutlass ciera lol its the size of a tank, and teh glue is like 10. Its easy to do the hardest part is getting it out. Im not sure what a shop would charge. Call around and ask, but i have heard around 150-200

Old 05-27-2009, 11:56 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by justinwebb
ummm i paid like 40 bucks for enough to do a 4 door olds cutlass ciera lol its the size of a tank, and teh glue is like 10. Its easy to do the hardest part is getting it out. Im not sure what a shop would charge. Call around and ask, but i have heard around 150-200
Thanks!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Banned

yo do that s hit yourself its really easy . and they actually sell automotive fabric with thqt foam backing at jo-ann fabric.here is mine in faux suede .

Attached Thumbnails Drooping headliner...-tmpphpurrr6g.jpg  
Old 05-28-2009, 11:14 PM
HCF Member

If you want a diy/custom route: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=69903

just in case

Old 05-29-2009, 05:17 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
If you want a diy/custom route: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=69903

just in case
I dont understand what kind of fabric I need...specifically do I need headliner fabric? Or fabric with foam on the back of it? I am confused could someone please get a little more detailed on the fabric to use...thanks

Old 05-29-2009, 06:26 AM
February 2010 ROTM

headliner fabric is fabric that is foam backed lol, just go there and ask for it they will know

Old 05-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya it realy doesnt matter that much.... you dont need the foam backing but it does help smooth out any imperfections. but not needed. i didnt put it on my roof but my headliner was not bad i just didnt like the looks of it so i glued my tweed right ontop of it.
and IMO you dont even need to use those rear 2 clips. if i had not already punched the holes for them i would have left mine out. it doesnt look like they would hold anything up at least not to hurt anything if you dont reuse them.

just get some good headliner glue and spray on BOTH the headliner and your new fabric and give it a minute for the glue to tack up then put the two together. if you dont wait the wet glue will soak RIGHT THRU the new fabric and give you a hard exterior crusty fabric! basically youd be pushing the wet glue thru the fabric when you push it to the headliner board.

Quick Reply: Drooping headliner...