Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Dual Halo Projectors help

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 12:02 AM
HCF Member
Default Dual Halo Projectors help

I just bought dual halo projector headlights for my 98 civic ex, i installed them , but i did not know how to hook up the halo wires. Can someone please give me DETAILED instructions on how to hook up the halo wires to my parking signal wires.

Shanks,
NOObalicious

Old 01-02-2006, 12:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Dual Halo Projectors help

Hey man...ok, its easy to do..your gunna need a switch,and some wire the same size as the wire coming out of your halos..or a little bit bigger, dosent matter..first find a place to put your switch inside your car..i put mine in the place of the 3 little squars under where the **** is to audjust the briteness of the gauges is, cuz i have nother there, (by the way i got a 2000 civic)..so the wires coming out of the halos, the black ones just ground thos, what i did was put a loop connecter on the end the the black wires and grounded them with were i put the screws to hold the headlight in place,this way its close and you dont have to extend the wires..now for the red wires, you want enoph wire to reach through the firewall and to your switch, so cut a piece of wire that long...once you have it cut, connect the wire to the red
wire coming from the halos, you can solder it toughter or just crimp it, or twist them toughter and put electrical tape around it, now you want to run the wire through the fire wall ( theres a hole in my year car under the battery tray were all the computer wires come through, cut a hole in the rubber garmit and run the wire through, there are many holes,you just got to get dirty and look around, oh and if u cut the rubber garmit thing,make only a little hole, and put plenty of duck tape around it after to seal it up) ..so once it got it through, just run it alone the inside and to your switch and hook it up to the prong on the switch, its very easy to hide the wire after you have it connected...ok now the last step..to bring power to the switch (thus to your halos), you need to get another piece of wire( the same size as the
other wire) and connect it to the other prong on the switch and run that through the fire wall (the hole that you already made) and connect it to the positve terminal on the battery..before you connect it to the battey, you want to buy a inline fuse and about a 5 amp fuse(thats what i put in mine,you can probably put a smaller one) ,the little fuses with the 2 prongs that u plug in,you no what im talking about .....there cheap,about 5 dollers for everything..and thats it, it will work..good luck, its way better to hook it up to a switch, you have total controle ..e-mail me if u got any problems and ill help you out

Old 01-02-2006, 02:00 PM
HCF Member

Thanks So much bro, but i have another question. I need to seal my lights and ive been reading that i should use silicon. The thing is, do i use silicon cauking, or use something else so my lights wont fog up. I was also wondering where i should put the sealant when I find out what kind of sealant to use.

Shanks, NOOBilicious

Old 01-02-2006, 02:05 PM
HCF Member

AND YES, i AM A NOOB, lol

Old 01-02-2006, 02:11 PM
HCF Member

just go to a hard wear store and find some silicone (dosent matter what kind) that sticks to plastic and is waterproof , you shouldent have a problem finding it, and just seal it up were the back and the front of the headlight come toughter around the seems, theres already glue stuff there, so just go over it and cover it...

Old 01-02-2006, 03:54 PM
HCF Member

Thank You Alot BRO, ill post pics when there on!

Old 01-02-2006, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

Is a RELAY necessary for halo's? and if so, why is it necessary.

Old 01-03-2006, 01:08 PM
HCF Member

no...just hook it up like i was telling you, you dont need a relay

Old 01-03-2006, 01:32 PM
HCF Member

Alright, so does it matter if i put a 10 amp fuse in the "inline" fuse or is it necessary to have a 5 amp fuse