Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Flip Flop Trunk Lid

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 05:18 AM
Default Flip Flop Trunk Lid

I know theres a DIY for this but I was wondering if anyone has done it and if it was difficult?

Are there issues with the boot not lining up right etc??

Old 03-24-2008, 05:33 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Flip Flop Trunk Lid

i tried it, and failed. I had trouble getting it all to line up.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:52 AM

did u buy a flip flop kit? like this one..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUTOL...spagenameZWD2V

Old 03-24-2008, 06:36 AM
June 2010 ROTM

I got that exact kit from a kid that bought it and chickened out. I've found that that kit is only good for shows but when the trunk is closed it latches, but the side where the trunk meets the rear window doesn't seal. I'd say find the DIY where a guy uses hinges and locks from a hardware store.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well if i would do the flip flop trunk i would buy that autoloc kit. im sure its designed ALOT BETTER than a cheap hinge and pin.LOL

and if you do have any seal issues it only takes alittle foam, you can buy some 1/4inch foam strips at most autoparts stores that are used for truck toppers to seal them.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:50 AM
HCF Member

yep i bought that eBay trunk kit and installed it. You really only need two hinges from the hardware store and some self-tapping screws to do it the way they did. It looks sick when it's up, put closing it is hard because it's all wobbly unless you put a custom support between the two trunk bars, so opening and closing it is really awkward and sometimes when the trunk is closed it doesn't seal correctly, but open it looks sick. You'll get called rice by most anybody else though.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya ive thought about doing it to one of my civics BUT im not going to do the ghetto hinge trick... it may work but its also GHETTO....

you flip your trunk and people are gonna look at it and see how its fliped... then id call it RICE!!!!

but i dont think id spend 100bucks to flip the trunk lid. so i think thats the main reason i havent done it....

BUT i do want to do 2 mods SO BAD..... 1 AIR TRAIN HORN, and 2 autoloc Smoke screen kit.

both to freak people out.... one to freak people out infront of me (lets face it the hondas horn is a P#SSY HORN!)

and the smoke screen kit to make people back off my @ss from tailgating..... lets face it no one drives close to a smoking car and i wont hit it that much. at least i dont think.LOL the train horn will be my first buy. just have to find a good one i can take apart.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:05 AM

lol you guys have put me off doing this now!! And i was all enthusiastic this morning

ah god yeh i want a new horn! just going to get a nissan one.. soooo loud lol!

How does that smoke thing work? sounds cool! do u get a kit or u making it yourself?

Old 03-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Recognized HCF Member

you buy the whole kit for the smoke screen. and from what ive read, you drill a hole into your exaust manifold and thread in there tubing and such to a can of the smoke stuff and wire up the valve between the two and when the motors warmed up the heat from the manifold makes the spray stuff all SMOKIE and it goes out the tailpipe....

unsure of how it will act with a cat converter....
tho i would never do the flame thrower one..... way to complicated!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3hIEqWzcBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWiOCF5f1rg

i havent really seen any more videos of the smoke screen thing, but its just a back burner idea id like.... tho i did just bid on a train horn.... ive already got 2 air tanks and valves so just need the horns some plumping parts and to take them apart and find a place where they fit.LOL

tho my air horns gonna be a somewhat cheap setup. because im not going to have a air compressor for it. just a fill valve, hell i dont plan on using it all the time. im only really gonna use it to get that jerk that just cut me off or about to run me into some concrete barricades or what not and get him to WAKE UP/LOOK OUT. just make em think they are about to get ran over a big rig!
[8D]

Old 03-24-2008, 09:49 AM
HCF Member

Haha I already asked the question on the trunk lids on here, but ended up going with the ebay kit anyways...it came today, so I'll let you know how it goes, Im pretty excited though

Quick Reply: Flip Flop Trunk Lid