Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Got Amber Fog units....-PIC-

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Default Got Amber Fog units....-PIC-

So I got the Amber fog lights for my 96 civic:

Well after about an hour installation I got it installed and working......... worst part was cutting the bumper and fitting the holder...... after that it was just routing wires that sucked but it like always is well worth it in the end. Oh and that's a crappy camera phone pic, I had to tweek with the settings to get the amber/yellow to show up.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Got Amber Fog units....

hummm i dont really get what your saying, the switch is not fitting right?, its dosent matter what switch you use, you will be able to hook it up the same, you need to take a drill and make a hole somewere on the inside of your car on the plastic and fit the switch through so it fits, then hook up the lights to it

Old 07-06-2006, 09:25 PM

okay on second look while having the car assembled from the viewing angle the lil gap at the bottom of the switch isn't as noticeable........ so thus I'm being ocd over lil crap......

The switch used is like the one pictured here:

Old 07-06-2006, 11:54 PM

bump

Old 07-07-2006, 01:06 AM

y are you bumping this?

Old 07-07-2006, 02:19 PM

Cause I swapped the info from the last post after I made it to the first post and since I couldn't delete it thus the bump

Old 07-08-2006, 10:14 PM

Those look great! I'm assuming they're completely legal, correct? I'd love to have some for my 2002 Civic LX coupe.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:21 PM

I'm not sure how they'd be illegal..... the only thing is they don't shut off when my high beams are switched one (which in some/most states that's an issue) but I rarely run my highs. These things have a great cast and if I wasn't worried about police attention I'd run with just them at nights but that's not "safe" . Either way these are a great addition to the car cause I've yet to see another civic locally with oe fogs. The only down side beyond the switch bothering me [&:] one of the lenses is less yellow than the other, and that's a minor issue.....

Just make sure to aim them after installation other wise you might be blinding people and that'll get you police attention

Old 07-08-2006, 10:39 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Got Amber Fog units....-PIC-

wow thos things are dam brite, im glad you got them installed

good mod!!..there legal

Old 07-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Default RE: Got Amber Fog units....-PIC-

Yea after I got over the switch issue (and it's not really a major issue.....) it was on, and a race to see if I could get um installed before I lost all light. They turned out well and I'm extreamly happy with them..... now just gotta retro hid projectors in place of my current projectors and I'll be set

Oh and they're not super bright, just my cell phone is kinda sensitive and thus is why they look so bright, notice the halo's look super bright too as well as my running lights and I can tell you they are noticable but not that bright.

Quick Reply: Got Amber Fog units....-PIC-