Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

got the tint

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by texasmade
i got my tint redone today i did 25% in the front and limo tint on everything else it looks good ill have to post some pics tomarrow it was 120 bucks for everything out the door with lifetime warranty
hey quick question... u tinted ur tail lights... im going to do this too mine... my freind did it to his but it came out looking like roughish.... like it need'd clear coat or somthing... u kno that glossy look.. thats what i want.. ne help ?

Old 02-18-2009, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by pat_ai2008
hey quick question... u tinted ur tail lights... im going to do this too mine... my freind did it to his but it came out looking like roughish.... like it need'd clear coat or somthing... u kno that glossy look.. thats what i want.. ne help ?
first of all, what product did you use?

do they look rough, or do they look smooth but dull in color?
if they're dull in color, you should clear coat them (2-3 light even coats), and then after a few days after they've cured you need to polish them.

If they're not smooth then you didn't do a good job. You need to scuff up the taillights with 600-800 sandpaper (wetsand) prior to spraying the tint on. You need to apply the tint in very light coats, to avoid dripping and bubbling. Patience is key.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 02-18-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:12 PM
HCF Member

yeah dude i didnt acualy use spary tint for tail lights i went to a local model car and airplane store and i got a can of paint that is used to paint windows on model cars and i did like 2 layers of that and then 2 layers of clear coat and every one said sand it down but i did not because i liked the finish

Old 02-19-2009, 12:37 PM

yeah his came out rough looking not smooth at all ... it looks bad lol... but i wanna do mine right ... so ill follow ur instructions ... and im gunna go to a freinds auto body shop n ask him too...

see the thing is i bought my civic with those silver looking tail lights.. u kno the mexicanized look... disgusting hate it... so im jus gunna tint em.. if i dont like it.. go back too stockies ...and mabye tint those

Old 02-19-2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by pat_ai2008
yeah his came out rough looking not smooth at all ... it looks bad lol... but i wanna do mine right ... so ill follow ur instructions ... and im gunna go to a freinds auto body shop n ask him too...

see the thing is i bought my civic with those silver looking tail lights.. u kno the mexicanized look... disgusting hate it... so im jus gunna tint em.. if i dont like it.. go back too stockies ...and mabye tint those
for the tint, use VHT Nite Shades. I had the hobby shop tint spray for model cars/etc. also and it looked good for a little while but faded a lot.
The VHT is made for tail lights, so it's designed to stand up to the weather and the sun. I recommend VHT Nite Shades until they're dark enough, and then 2-3 coats of high gloss clear.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:20 PM

not sure what kind he used... but thanks for ur help

Old 02-23-2009, 08:48 PM

yea hahah you got a nice deal mine was 160 i put limos all around ...... i got that lifetime warranty..

great thing is, the guy who put them on said, "since these are illegal tints, if the cops take them off, swing back down....we will slap some new ones on." .... OH HAPPY DAY

Old 02-23-2009, 09:44 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ChaRMuMPiS
yea hahah you got a nice deal mine was 160 i put limos all around ...... i got that lifetime warranty..

great thing is, the guy who put them on said, "since these are illegal tints, if the cops take them off, swing back down....we will slap some new ones on." .... OH HAPPY DAY
guarantee the guy wouldn't say that first off. He would say if they make you take them off we will do it for free. They won't hand out free tint. Lifetime warranty wouldn't apply to that either because that only works if it bubbles or something of that nature.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Banned

dam lifetime warranty thats unheard of were i come from what did they use 3M or the original stuff.its a lifetime warranty if there still around to live up to it for some reason in ct tint places dont last very long.ow yea and how do you see at night????

Last edited by lowlife9; 02-24-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:24 AM
HCF Member

if you get llumar tint then you dont have to worry if the business goes under, it's warranty is upheld at any llumar dealer nationwide. this might be the same for other tint film, but its just what i use.

Quick Reply: got the tint