Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

GReddy Counterweight Shift Knob

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Default RE: GReddy Counterweight Shift ****

it looks really nice man, and i hear it is fun for shifting,

Old 12-03-2006, 09:25 PM

a weighted shifter makes it easier to shift after you add a short throw, because it tkaes more effort to shift because you lose the leverage you have with the shorter one making it more difficult, and the weighted **** just helps it shift more like stock.

and a weighted shift **** will not harm your trans, because its just a ****, it really has no effect what so ever on your tranny.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

I'm not saying it's right, but here's something i found online.

"We do not agree with the current fad of having extremely heavy shift ***** that weigh a pound or more. We feel these are potentially dangerous and bad for transmissions, and we WILL NOT sell ***** this heavy. Extremely heavy ***** can possibly close the gap between the shifter rail and the gears, causing damage to the gears in much the same way as the bad habit some drivers have of resting their hands on the shift ***** constantly. When the gap closes, the transmission fluid can no longer lubricate these parts."

Old 12-03-2006, 10:01 PM

never heard of that, i guess its something to look into. where did you find that?

Old 12-03-2006, 10:16 PM
HCF Member

quoted on some other forum, but it reads like the same one i read a while back. Again, i don't know how reliable, just something ive heard around ya know?

Old 12-04-2006, 11:34 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

I'm not saying it's right, but here's something i found online.

"We do not agree with the current fad of having extremely heavy shift ***** that weigh a pound or more. We feel these are potentially dangerous and bad for transmissions, and we WILL NOT sell ***** this heavy. Extremely heavy ***** can possibly close the gap between the shifter rail and the gears, causing damage to the gears in much the same way as the bad habit some drivers have of resting their hands on the shift ***** constantly. When the gap closes, the transmission fluid can no longer lubricate these parts."
hummmm reallllyyy...that kinda worries me, i dont no,ill have to make up my mind soon

Old 12-04-2006, 06:17 PM

eh in my opinon I like a lighter shifter, when I switched from the led flashing ball shifter to my cf ball my shifting effort became easier as well as I could use a finger or a thumb to shift....