Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

guages + pillar pod

Old 11-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Default guages + pillar pod

I am thinking about getting a triple guage pillar pod, i saw the DIY intructions but i think im getting air/fuel ratio, oil press, and voltage. Is it hard to hook up these guages? Like where do you have to run the wires to? Do you need to do any modifications or is it pretty simple? also, do you think the guages with a white face are better or the ones that glow?

Old 11-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: guages + pillar pod

dotn know but i am interested in how to wire up the pressure gauges...

Old 11-30-2006, 09:05 PM

oh, yea man i just wired up my halos by myself so if its anything like that then it will be a breeze but like im wondering where you wire it to? like somewhere on your motor??

Old 11-30-2006, 10:14 PM
HCF Member

Pretty sure the oil pressure gauge just taps into the Oil sending unit. It is a sensor that is located directly above your oil filter. You cant see it unless u take off the oil filter.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

I'll be hooking up a dual gauge pod within the next few weeks and I hope to write a how-to. It does help to have a service manual, especially a factory manual. I bought a used one for $44 (on the internet), but you can find Haynes manuals for $15. They include wiring schematics that are not too hard to figure out. I'm not sure where you can connect the air/fuel ratio wires - possibly the exhaust manifold?
Oil pressure is good to have but the readout I use the most (in my Corvette) is oil temperature. At 160F, I am free to get the revs up as high as I want. Unfortunately, I haven't seen this type of gauge in my Summit catalog. Otherwise, I'd stick one in the Honda.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:05 PM
HCF Member

An air fuel ratio gauge just gets spliced into the o2 sensor......the one youve got isnt accurate thou, so I sure hope its just for a light show.........cuz you cant tune anything with it.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:54 PM
HCF Member

By the way, have any of you guys removed your pillar cover? My service manual should arrive in a few days, but it may not mention this. I guess I can always ask the Honda parts guy at the dealership, but if someone here has already done it, maybe you can let us know how that thing comes off.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:04 PM
HCF Member

ive got all 3 in my civic

A/F as pete said just splices into the white wire of you o2 sensor
volt- just a simple ground and power
oil press- sending unit to the right of your oil filter

just but a bunch of wire all very doable

Old 12-02-2006, 11:12 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: conceptualpolymer

By the way, have any of you guys removed your pillar cover? My service manual should arrive in a few days, but it may not mention this. I guess I can always ask the Honda parts guy at the dealership, but if someone here has already done it, maybe you can let us know how that thing comes off.
I have taken mine off before, it's held on by clips, just pull on it. Pull the top downwards and pull the acual part where the pods will go towards the back of the car and it comes off. Pull the part where the pods will go out first, then pull the top of it. Don't be scared to use some force.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:21 PM
HCF Member

There was a thread about these and everyone seemed to think they were good. Does anyone here have a different opinion about them?

glowshift

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: guages + pillar pod