Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

halo headlight wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 05:46 PM
HCF Member
Default halo headlight wiring

i just got a pair of angle eye projecters for my 2000, in having a little probem seeing how to install them, in the back of the halo headlights, the red and the black come out for the halos,i no where to put thos, but from the headlight,out of the one projecter comes a blue and black, and out of the other, a red and black, and the wires run to a thing that u plug in. theres nothin that i can see (ihavent taking the headlight and bumber off yet)to plug anything into, it looks like the wires from the stock headlights just go into more wires that go off near the battry ..could you please help me out with where to hook up the wires too..thanks alot
...these are the headlights (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7961145183)

Old 05-03-2005, 12:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: halo headlight wiring

peice of cake, you unplug your stock headlight, then that plug will mate up with the new plug, male female, badabing

Old 05-03-2005, 02:52 PM
HCF Member

umm thanks but thats the problem, there is lights that come with the projecters, and the wires that come out from thos have somthing u can plug in but i cant see where u plug them into, where is the spot were i plug them in?? (the thing that u plug in has 3 prong things) _ I _

Old 05-03-2005, 03:45 PM
HCF Member

take the bulb out , then plug them together, the new molded end should be the same shape as your headlight bulb

Old 05-04-2005, 04:36 AM
HCF Member

did you get them installed?

Old 05-04-2005, 09:54 AM
HCF Member

umm ya i dont think you understand, you can take the headlight out of my stock headlights and put them in the new headlights, there dual halo projecters and they have balbs already in there and i just need to know where to plug it in because i cant see a place where to plug the harness in

Old 05-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

take the bulbs out of your stock headlights.............unhook the harness from the bulbs...........put those bulbs away........take the harness' and plug them into the bulb and other harness on the halo's.............. the positive and negative fromt he halo's you can either hook into your running lights or if you like to a toggle switch inside your cabin.

Any help to ya?

Old 05-04-2005, 12:25 PM
HCF Member

i think u helped me, i guess im just gunna have to take everything apart and if i can get it to plug in,ill be back on here

Old 05-04-2005, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

you are making this wayyyyyyy to dificult, act as if youi are changing stock bulbs, instead of installing new bulbs you plug the haloin.
i think what you are missiung is that the end on the harness is EXACTLY the same as your stock halogen bulb, it simply has wires, instead of glass,
follow your stock harness to where it enters the stock headlight assembly, the lrge molded part turns counterclockwise to release the headlight bulb from the assembly. now press the tab and give the bulb a tug to remove from harness, you now part a in 1 hand and a bulb in the other. put the bulb down, pick up the harness from the halo well call part b. put a and b together, if they dont fit grab the other herness from halo and try again as high and low beam have different sockets

Old 05-05-2005, 10:01 AM
HCF Member

yes yes yes,thanks alot guy, i was looking at the stock ones yesterday and i get now where to put the harness in,i think i was just looking to hard, so my next chance when i get off work and school and its nice out, im gunna stick em in,if anything goes bad,ill be on here,but thanks alot

Quick Reply: halo headlight wiring