Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

halo's

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 06:40 PM
HCF Member
Default halo's

i think here pretty soon im gettin some halo projector headlights. where should i get them? i have heard of different brands and stuff like denji angel eyes, halo projector,....etc. whats the difference and what looks the best?

Old 08-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Default RE: halo's

I haven't had any experience with halos, but I've seen quite a few posts about them. IMO there are quite a few people that have trouble with the halos either not working or burning out shortly (6 months) after installing them.

I just thought I'd let you know so you could check into them a little more before going ahead and buying them.

Old 08-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

^I'm with him. I know three different guys that all had theirs f-up on them within 3-6 monthes of buying them. I guess just be careful and spend the money on good ones if you REALLY want them.

......that money could be spent on a million better things, but hey, its your car

Old 08-23-2005, 11:04 AM
HCF Member

Im one of the 3 []. That taiwanese ebay $h!t craps out on you in like 3 months. And you cant replce the cheap LED's (which leds are supposed to last for a long *** time) and you cant find replcements for the bulbs either. The halos you see that run for like $250- $300 from a respectable dealer are the real deal. Also, in the auctions they state that they will fi a 99-00 or something like that... WRONG! Mine were obviously for a 96-96. You've been warned

Old 08-23-2005, 11:06 AM
HCF Member

But I digress. I LOVE Angel Eyes. I will get another pair soon but the real thing this time. I didnt cheap out last time, I just simply didnt know any better.

Old 08-23-2005, 12:15 PM
HCF Member

i have had my halo projecters for about 6 months now and have had no problems,i love them, i got mine off e-bay and they fit fine and everything, im not sure about them bulb thing, i havent checked the # on them, but they are very easy to install and a great visual improvment,everyone complements on them at night and during the day..

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/phot...Type=6&apage=2

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/phot...Type=6&apage=1

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/phot...Type=6&apage=1

Old 08-23-2005, 03:36 PM
HCF Member

I suggest projectos.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

here are the ones i will probably get if i buy some. the part #is 09-1019. the chrome/blue angel eye headlight. there was a person somewhere that said he got some imported from japan of something and they were denji a3 angel eyes. i have no clue where 2 find them though. here is the link. -- http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...cat=Headlights

Old 08-24-2005, 05:02 PM

Follow the directions closely, and you'll be fine, lots of people have problems cause they dont do this. Get the ebay ones, and I guarentee they will last for the standard 4watt bulb length which is like 15 years. Make sure you keep the rubber cups on the back of the taillights to keep the bulbs dry, and make sure to follow the directions and seal the housing with silicon. I have had the cheap ebay ones for like a year and they work fine. And with the 4 watt LEDs you dont have to worry about them draining the battery if you forget about them, I have left them on all nigth, and been fine in the morning. Also: DONT DO AN HID CONVERSION IF YOU DONT UPGRADE THE LENSE, AND HEAT COAT THE HOUSING! I DID THAT AND IT MELTED THE WHOLE SETUP. This time, I heat coated the housing, and got the Hi-heat lense, and my 8500K HID conversion doesnt hurt at all.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Civic240
DONT DO AN HID CONVERSION IF YOU DONT UPGRADE THE LENSE, AND HEAT COAT THE HOUSING! I DID THAT AND IT MELTED THE WHOLE SETUP. This time, I heat coated the housing, and got the Hi-heat lense, and my 8500K HID conversion doesnt hurt at all.
In the HID group buy thread, it was stated that HIDs actually run cooler than ordinary bulbs. So which of these is true?

Quick Reply: halo's