Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

heard of PIAA bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 12:07 PM
HCF Member
Default heard of PIAA bulbs?

i asked my local import auto guy about HID's and he sent me this

Yes, HID's are a lot brighter but good ones will have a cutoff so that they won't blind people. The problem is that the ones on eBay for $250 will eventually fail. They do have a warranty, but be prepared to use it. The quality kits can be very expensive so we sell the Piaa bulbs that are white-blue or pinkish-purple because they look like HID's without the hassle. Your car uses the H4 bulbs and they are $55 and $60 respectively and I usually keep them in stock.
i trust the guy a lot, he told me a lot while in his store, but i was just wondering if anyone has bought the bulbs, how did it work out, is the price make the product "too good to be true?"

if you havent heard about it, check out the site http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-9000.html

Old 02-09-2008, 01:29 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: heard of PIAA bulbs?

if you go with PIAA urjust paying for two bulbson the other hand anhid kit will come with bulbs , ballast and wiring and just so u know they arent the same. I bought my Hid's out of oznium.com for about $230 had them for over 4 months now and no problems whatsoever , if you do decide to go with HID's dont cheap out and dont buy them out of ebay either or u'll regret. however if u dont feel like spending 200 or more in hids get a nice set of PIAA or Nokya buls , they are great bulbs and they last long

Old 02-09-2008, 01:58 PM
HCF Member

i would love to get the HIDs, infact i would buy them in a hearbeat (if there was $$$) if i knew 100% percent that it wouldnt blind oncoming drivers. if someone can reassure me they have had some HIDs from oznium and dont blind oncoming drivers i would do it in a second

Old 02-09-2008, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

well they only way ur going to be 100% certain that ur going to blind uncoming traffic is if you do a retrofit but thats quite expensive but i've been driving with my Hid's for a few months and never had any problems with people in front of me , just make sure u get ur headlights aimed

Old 02-09-2008, 02:16 PM
HCF Member

how does one go about getting the headlights aimed?

Old 02-09-2008, 03:05 PM
HCF Member

if you have oem headlights there sould be some screws on the back , i think theres a DIY on this if nit search around and u'll find some good info

Old 02-09-2008, 03:28 PM
HCF Member

Oznium.com does not sell HID kits. thats from there web site

Old 02-09-2008, 03:33 PM
HCF Member

huh? i dont know where u got that idea but i ordered my kit from oznium.com

Old 02-09-2008, 03:46 PM
HCF Member

if you go on there site they don't sell hids any more because the are working with the dot

Old 02-09-2008, 06:49 PM
HCF Member

http://www.oznium.com/hid

wierd they dont sell them anymore. whats DOT?

Quick Reply: heard of PIAA bulbs?