Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Help! Anybody knows about this headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:52 PM

I can't take a good enough picture with my cell phone, you'll see the light and all but it'll be much different than if you were looking at it through your own eyes in person.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

will i need some higher temp wiring harness for these bulbs?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:07 PM

I haven't had any problems with the stock harness.

Use dialectric grease (99 cent pack at auto parts store counter) on the bulb contacts where the harness plugs in to prevent moisture from getting in the harness. I suppose if moisture got in the harness plug you could have minor electrical issues.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

Ok, i'll probably use my stock harness then

without the seeing the night shots with lights on the road i am kind of confuse whether to buy or not. google-ing them up as we speak to see if i can find some pics.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Those HIDs are garbage, honestly, and the headlights are probably cheaply made.

I know a good set of halogen bulbs that are 5000k, and are pretty much the brightest halogens you can buy... better than Sylvania Silverstar Ultras. 4850k I believe is maximum light output color intensity, and being 5000k, these are about as close as you can get.

These are the exact bulbs you need for the low beams (size HB4/9006)... cheapest price on ebay for these bulbs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9006-...ht_1185wt_1360

I swear by these bulbs... no need to get HIDs and add a bunch of stupid wiring to your engine bay and get rid of the great headlight housings the 8th gen civics already have.
Hey, Thanks for all the info man, and I have seen the Nokya ones in stores; however, they all say "For Off road Use", are theses good for On Road use? is there any blue one? Thanks

Old 06-09-2009, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dark_Hawk
Hey, Thanks for all the info man, and I have seen the Nokya ones in stores; however, they all say "For Off road Use", are theses good for On Road use? is there any blue one? Thanks
IDK, I guess that in some places they could be considered non-street legal, but I don't think so, these give off a white light. I think that "for off road use" is just on their listing because they sell higher temperature bulbs (blue, purple) and those would definitely not be street legal, so they probably just use the same general information in all their listings and change a few things with every item to make it right.

You know that the HIDs you originally wanted aren't street legal, right?

Yea, they have blueish ones, but they won't light up the road very good... using those would totally defeat your whole reason for wanting new headlights, which is that you say they don't light up the road well enough. I can tell you already though that the housings aren't the problem, OEM Honda headlight housings are great. It has to be the bulbs just not being a bright enough temperature.

The bulb size you need are the 9006/HB4 (not to be confused with "H4"). The blueish bulbs are called Nokya Arctic White, but I wouldn't recommend them. If you care about seeing what's ahead of you, then Cosmic White are what you want.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:48 PM
HCF Member

i can vouch that those blue bulbs like the Nokya Arctic are not what you want. they suck in non-well litted areas. such as in the back roads. my girlfriend has them on her celica and you can't see the light on the road. She constantly has to use her high beams. When it rains and the road gets wet, they suck even more. literally you can't see the light. I ordered 2 sets of those Nokya Cosmics that trustdestruction recommended. One for the Celica and one for my civic. i'll let you know how well they work, once i get them. Hopefully within a week, if you want

Old 06-09-2009, 02:53 PM

When you get them installed, post up some pics how they light up the road at night. I am interested in a cheap headlight upgrade. I also want to be able to have a set of OEM headlights ready to go in before I attempt to retro-fit just in case something goes wrong..haha.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:30 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
IDK, I guess that in some places they could be considered non-street legal, but I don't think so, these give off a white light. I think that "for off road use" is just on their listing because they sell higher temperature bulbs (blue, purple) and those would definitely not be street legal, so they probably just use the same general information in all their listings and change a few things with every item to make it right.

You know that the HIDs you originally wanted aren't street legal, right?

Yea, they have blueish ones, but they won't light up the road very good... using those would totally defeat your whole reason for wanting new headlights, which is that you say they don't light up the road well enough. I can tell you already though that the housings aren't the problem, OEM Honda headlight housings are great. It has to be the bulbs just not being a bright enough temperature.

The bulb size you need are the 9006/HB4 (not to be confused with "H4"). The blueish bulbs are called Nokya Arctic White, but I wouldn't recommend them. If you care about seeing what's ahead of you, then Cosmic White are what you want.
Thanks. I looked at those(Artic and Cosmics), and they are 80W, my car is supposed to have only 60W max(Honda Dealer told me that). So, I sent an email to the seller to find out if they are "Off road use" or what the box says. I asked him about the watts and if they would affect my car. I don't want to damage or melt anything. I'm waiting for the answer.

I know the HID are not legal, but I wanted to know if maybe these bulbs were.

Thanks for the help man. I got the car on January 01, 09, and I just want to personalize it a little bit. I want to do tint windows etc. most likely, I'll get those light bulbs, and use the extra money for the other stuff. I got the VP, basic one.

Thanks

Old 06-10-2009, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

those bulbs shouldn't damage/ melt your headlight wiring. i've been using these higher wattage bulbs for a while on both my civic and the celica. no melted wirings if your afraid about that problem then there are wiring harness that you can get to accept these higher wattage bulbs

Quick Reply: Help! Anybody knows about this headlights?